snowflake tea party

mleaDecember 26, 2005

We have a ladies breakfast at our church once a month during the winter months and in Januarty we're wanting to have a snowflake tea party. We have a light breakfast and a speaker...anyone got any quick and easy ideas for decorating the tables?

Thanks in advance

Lynn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Susan_in_NC

My neighbor gave me a set of snowflake cookie cutters, (I think she got them from William Sonoma -- sorry about the spelling I think I'm a bit off). Anyway, a snowflake cookie name card would be cute.

I have also seen at the craft stores, snowflake wax shapes, to be set into Gel candles. You could make a few of the candles and have them drawn as door prizes.

This year I purchased from Linen and Things a white and silver snowflake table cloth. I also sent one to my sister (mine was 120 and cost $29, but the one I sent for her was smaller and about $19). Michaels had some lovely glass snowflakes, about 8 in a pack for $6. (I have these hanging from the doorknobs of my kitchen cabinets)

I also have snowflake dishes, cups and serving pieces. I have seen (last year I think) snowflake paperware.

But, I would consider the table clothes, or get white plastic and a metalic paint pen and draw the snowflakes on them, in a variety of sizes. Small rosebowls filled with opalescent marbles, white, blue and maybe silver, with votives lit to reflect through the marbles. If you can find the snowflake ornaments, one could be placed on each place setting and would also reflect the light.

Bookmark   December 27, 2005 at 1:39PM
lindac

I would be finding or making royal blue cloths....fabric is really quite cheap and for those 8 foot tables 45 inch wide works well.
If you want to use the fabric for something else, I would scatter the tables with cut out paper snowflakes....
Get the Sunday School kids to make them!....or just buy a bag of that sparkley snow.
If the fabric is just for your Tea....I would be getting those squeeze tubes of silver fabric paint and making lota of snowflakes all over the cloths.
Make centerpieces out of styrofoam ball snow men on some tables.....and put piles of styrofoam balls in a glass dish on other tables......add silver balls and a generous sprinkle of silver glitter.
If you need help with the menu....post on the cooking forum.
Linda C

Bookmark   December 27, 2005 at 8:22PM
minnie_tx

Sure sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!

Bookmark   December 28, 2005 at 1:29AM
Susan_in_NC

I saw a link on the craft and decorations site, see snowflake wreath pattern link. It was pretty neat!

Bookmark   January 1, 2006 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Disappearing Brunch Guest
I'd love to hear your responses. We had a brunch for...
newgardenelf
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™