Group craft for gardeners Christmas party

trashywomanDecember 5, 2012

I am having a small holiday party for about 10 gardeners. Does anyone have an idea for a fun craft that we could do with no mess inside that would involve each person bringing an item and then all of us using the items to make one thing? I thought it would be like having a theme and say everyone bring a 1 foot piece of holiday ribbon and then we combine all the ribbons to make something....I just can't get anywhere after the initial " idea".
Any creative minds out there that can help? I really don't want to get out glue or paint or anything messy and time consuming.

Thanks, Regina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
party_music50

Wow. I can think of several fun little quick/easy craft projects for gardeners... however, since you don't want to even get out glue, paint, or spend any time on it, then I can't think of anything you could do other than tie those 10 pieces of ribbon together into one big knot!

Bookmark   December 7, 2012 at 2:01PM
millymoo

What about using that ribbon to create different holiday bows for gifts? Better Homes & Gardens December issue has how-to's on creating different bow styles for gift-wrapping. Personally, I'd enjoy a tutorial on doing this so I could achieve the results the professionals do rather than my current effort involving curling some ribbon up and sticking a pre-made bow on a gift, lol!

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 10:53AM
blizlady

Well, it's after Christmas and I'm wondering what you eventually thought of. A consideration for next year, maybe have your friends each bring one type of plant or flower seeds with enough to exchange with everybody else. There are so many free printable seed packets that you can copy off and have a seed exchange. Or ask them to bring a variety of crafts sticks and you all can make plant markers.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Questions about Murder/Mystery Games
Please tell me more about Murder/Mystery Games (apparently...
bizzybee
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Help! Baby Shower Gift etiquette?
I need some help here as to proper etiquette. God this...
caboomer
Sponsored Products
Lineage 4-Light Island by Minka-Lavery
$539.90 | Lumens
Seville Two-Light Wall Sconce
$270.00 | Bellacor
Serengeti Tiger Rectangular: 5 ft. 3 in. x 8 ft. Rug
$799.00 | Bellacor
Hampton Polished Chrome Two-Light Sconce
$250.00 | Bellacor
Justice Design Group GLA-8571 - Victoria 1 Light Wall Sconce - Tulip with Ripple
$290.00 | Hayneedle
Frontporch Mermaid Crossing Aqua Rectangular: 2 Ft. 3 In. x 6 Ft. Indoor/Outdoor
$98.00 | Bellacor
Justice Design Group GLA-8705 - Aero 1 Light Wall Sconce (No Arms) - Cylinder wi
$198.00 | Hayneedle
Design Element DEC071B-W Portland 71-in. Double Bathroom Vanity Set - DEC071B-W
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™