Quadrafire 3100i or Napoleon 1402 Inserts

boxerdogheidiJanuary 15, 2010

Can't decide which insert will be better for me. I'm in a 150 year old house with very little insulation. I currently have Arrow i12 by Heatilator, 13 years old. I find it too small, plus one fan doesn't work and second fan is about to quit. Can't get replacement fans. I want something that will heat my 14x24 living room QUICKLY in the morning. Would be nice to have something that would burn overnight but if it heats quickly thats good enough. It gets real cold here, Ontario, Canada. I already have a big stove in another part of the house. My only restriction is that the stove can't be deeper than 14 inches. It's a really big fireplace opening but not very deep. I'm looking at Quadrafire 3100i at $3,400 installed or Napoleon 1402 $2,600. But price is not the biggest factor. I like them both because of the large firebox and they both stick out into the room some, which I would think would help give more heat and heat the room up quicker. HOWEVER, the Napoleon has two 200 CFM fans. I can't seem to find out what size the one fan on the Quadrafire is. BUT the dealer said the Napoleon is not as qood a unit. He said the "air intake" ?? is known to burn out. And would probably cost $900 to repair. ??? We burn LOTS of wood in this stove and I want something that can take it. Does anybody know anything, good or bad, about these inserts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
countryboymo

IF there is any chance of failure or known issue that could present a 900.00 problem that right there would make my decision. Quadrafire is good stuff, it might not put out quite as much heat but there would be more peace of mind with it. You never know it might draft better and put out more heat which is probably the case.

Bookmark   January 16, 2010 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Fireplace Placement Please Help
We are trying to make a decision to center our fireplace...
shancap
Replacing fake logs with glass crystals
I've got a majestic fireplace (direct vent, natural...
sshaw66
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
How can I update this 60s facade?
The home I'm buying was built in 1959 and I don't think...
demeterchaos
Recommendations on Double Sided Direct Vent Gas fireplace!
Hello, I'm remodeling my home in California and want...
roadrunnerrita
Sponsored Products
Napoleonic French Brass One-Light Wall Sconce
$276.00 | Bellacor
Belham Living Monticello Fire Pit Chat Set - TTLC478
Hayneedle
Kartell | Gnomes in Gold & Black
$430.00 | YLighting
Napoleonic French Brass Two-Light Wall Sconce
$398.00 | Bellacor
A-America British Isles 42 Round Double Drop-Leaf Dining Table
Beyond Stores
Roman Empire New Heirloom Gold 10-Light Clear Spectra Crystal Pendant, 16.5W x 2
Bellacor
Napoleons Army Brass & Silver Chess Pieces - 757
$262.99 | Hayneedle
Napoleon Black Portable Charcoal Kettle Grill
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™