50 pounds! The milestone!

centralcacyclistNovember 22, 2004

I have lost 50 pounds since last January! I lost the equivalent of an entire 3th grade child! I still have 25 to go but 50 seems amazing.

BarnMom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pam_SewsAlot

CONGRATULATIONS, BarnMom!!! You should be so proud of yourself. Keep doing what you're doing and that last 25 lbs will be gone before you know it.

Keep us posted on your progress. You are an inspiration to us all.

Pam.

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 10:17PM
yankandtex

BarnMom~What are you doing to lose the weight? Congratulations! You are well on your way!

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 9:45PM
Wild_Chicken

CONGRATULATIONS!

You stay with it, gal!

50 pounds is amazing! Nothing can stop you now! YAY!

Go to a pet store and lift a 50 pound bag of dog food if you want a real ego boost! That's how much you've lost!!!!!

You are so close to the goal!---over halfway there!

Thanks for inspiring us!

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 1:19AM
anettemartinrn

good for you!!! i have been on atkins since the end of may and have also lost 50 pounds. i feel and look better than i have in a long time. keep up the good work.

anette

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 4:29PM
centralcacyclist

I am doing it the old fashioned way, eating less, exercising more. I am not following a specific plan but have cut out the things I know are bad, red meat, fried foods, butter, pastries, candy, etc. I eat fruit, salads, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, chicken breasts. I do treat myself occasionally to a piece of candy or a cookie but not daily.

I don't have the patience to count anything, calories or carbs. I hated WW meetings. I couldn't take Jenny Craig food. So the only option left was to figure out how to make it work for myself on my own.

I walk an hour a day, up a hill if I can find one. I do 30-45 minutes of light weigh training, squats and crunches. I take an occasional day off if I a really tired or really busy. I don't go to a gym. I think taking some classes at a gym or getting some training advice might step up my progress but can't find a place to fit it in yet.

I eat 5 times a day, meals and 2 snacks. I keep the snack at about 100 calories and try to make it protein to keep my blood sugar steady. I take vitamin supplements and drink green tea.

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 5:30PM
alicesRestaurant

Your diet sounds very sane. Thanks for posting as an inspiration for the rest of us. Keep up the great work!

Bookmark   November 26, 2004 at 10:42PM
deemarie5500

Congratulations and best wishes for the future....I'm sure with the way you are headed, the 25 pounds you have left will be gone by this time next year!!

Stay healthy!

Bookmark   November 29, 2004 at 10:20AM
More Discussions
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
Good morning Everyone! Welcome to another week of "let's...
mcpeg
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
new - join me - weekly support oct 1 - 5
This forum has been dead for some time. Let's give...
mcpeg
Appetite is out of control, want to lose 25LBS
Hi, I have tried many diets and exercises, many pills,...
koolkelley
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™