Ivamae - Weight 166, lost 0, total lost 26

Betty - Weight 153, lost 1, total lost 27

My results for this week

Weight 189, lost 2, total lost 86

Avg. Calories per day - Food 1936, exercise 337, steps 13055

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ivamae

Way to go, Harold.

I hope to be able to report a loss on Wednesday. My calories have been cut this week due to a flare up of diverticulosis. It is almost gone now, so hope to eat normally again to-morrow.

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 8:30PM
silversword

Grrr.... I think I need a new scale. The one I have says 135 sometimes and 145 other times. The problem is, it's all in how I "shift" my weight when I'm standing on it.

Soooo. I don't think I've lost any. But need a new scale. Maybe I can pick one up tonight...

Been riding my bike for one hour three times a week (with DD, weight 42lbs, behind in a trailer) and doing a lot of yardwork. Keeping the calories around 1300.

Halloween was hard. And here comes Thanksgiving!!!!

Here's to a healthy, happy week!

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 2:24PM
ivamae

I'm happy to report that I have lost 1 more pound . I now weigh 165. As I had diverticulosis problems this past week and had to eat differently, which also cut my calories, I thought it might have been more. On the other hand I exercised much less as well.
ivamae

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 4:21PM
silversword

Wow,,,, it's quiet in here!! I've been doing a lot of yardwork, not sure how many calories I'm burning but judging by how hungry I am... a LOT!!

I've discovered spaghetti squash as a filler. It's so quick and easy! Last night I made a beautiful pork and 10 bean soup that would have been 300 calories, easy. I did one cup of squash at 42 calories and covered it with one cup of broth 20 calories and 1/2 cup of the meat/veg/bean from the soup at 100 calories. Total calories: approx. 160.

Totally filling... was very satisfied, and still had calories left over to have popcorn with dd :)

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 4:31PM
jasmi

HI All

I was 131.4 yesterday morning. You all seemed to have a good week too. Catch u later ...
Jasmi

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 5:46PM
harold14370

Silver,

Yes, it has been slow around here. Eklektos hasn't been around for a couple of weeks. Helen has disappeared. But, I'm not going anywhere.

The good thing about having a scale like yours is you can keep jumping on and off until you get a reading that you like.

Glad to hear you have a bike now, and it looks like you are getting lots of exercise.

I've been going to the company fitness center two or three days a week, mainly to lift weights. I'm still walking the dog a couple of times a day, as my main exercise, but I got a stopwatch and time myself over a measured course. This is a way to speed up the pace a little bit since I tend to walk pretty slow.

I'll have to try that spaghetti squash one of these days.

Ivamae and Jasmi, congrats on the weight loss.

Bookmark   November 19, 2009 at 4:18AM
silversword

Harold, I love to eat. And to get "full". So having a really low cal, healthy "filler" to add to meals really helps me.
Just cut it open lengthwise, scoop the seeds, put in microwave safe dish with one inch water, cover with saran wrap and steam for 8-10 minutes. Then scrape out with a fork to get the 'spaghetti' strands and serve.

No kidding about the scale!!! I think I've lost a pound though. My clothes feel better.

Timing yourself is great. I do that so I make sure I go for an hour, but I never considered doing it for speed reasons. Dragging my kid's weight up hills at .00001 mph is hard enough!! LOL.

Ivamae and Jasmi... WAY TO GO!!! You ROCK!

Bookmark   November 19, 2009 at 2:35PM
jasmi

Hi Silver
Yes , this place has been very calm these days.:-))))
Its motivating to know you are working out in these cold days too. The only thing I am doing as a work out is walking from the parking lot to the building I work:-)))))
Thats why I am still hanging in 130s. I have to get down to 129 this month.
Somehow I end up eating 1400 calories /day and that is not helping me .

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 1:12PM
harold14370

Cold!!! 63 degrees is cold? Wow. Sounds perfect to me.

Hey, Jasmi. My Indian friend brought me a samosa his wife had made. Very tasty. Probably not the best for being on a diet, but yummy. I think I might try making some.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 7:45PM
More Discussions
Appetite is out of control, want to lose 25LBS
Hi, I have tried many diets and exercises, many pills,...
koolkelley
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™