Happy, happy, Joy, joy

mary_md7November 19, 2004

Last night's WW weigh-in (drum roll, please) .... I lost 6.2 last week! Whoo-hoo!

Now if I can only get to New Year's without gaining any of it back.

What are you doing to "safeguard" your weight loss efforts for the holidays?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathy_

Had to pop in here and wish you congratulations!
I have been under the weather for a few weeks so my diet went kaplooey again. Back on the veggie train today instead of the cheese and cracker one. The cheese one was more fun!
My advice is to focus on the holiday day and not the season. Some people eat cookies between Thanksgiving and New Years and then wonder where the ten pounds came from. Enjoy the day and tell yourself you can have what you are craving on THE holiday. If you need to freeze the temptation and save it for the day. On the day you can decide if you want it. Sounds dumb but it works as long as you don't freeze a dozen cookies for later.

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 1:23PM
aka_raeanne

I wanted to congratulate you too, but didn't want to move the post off the top, as I have no words of wisdom to offer. Some times I find it so easy to just say NO and other times I cave in immediately. I do try to fill up on water and healthy choices first, so that if I do go off, it might not be so bad. Good luck to you and hope the Holidays don't get the best of you.

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 11:09AM
deemarie5500

I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at my BILs. When the gang is ready for dessert, I make sure that I get up to help with the coffee, tea, setting out the dishes, bringing out the goodies, serving the coffee/tea, etc. By the time I'm ready to sit down, most everyone has had their dessert, and I'm not as tempted to take any (or more than I should if I'm just sitting there getting served).

Sounds wierd, but it works for me.

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 12:39PM
janetm_md

Congrats Mary!

Now I know why you were so insistent on not wanting to have dinner after your huge lunch. Next time I'll suggest the "air cafe";-) Seriously though I'm glad that the diet is going well.

-janet

Bookmark   December 18, 2004 at 7:13AM
More Discussions
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Best for a quick weight loss?
I know all the rules(more or less) but if I wanted...
mzmint
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™