Question about pricing

mitch09January 23, 2009

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about pricing. I am interested in getting the Heat & Glow 6000GLX. I live in NY and only visited one place... They are supposed to be the biggest around.

It is very difficult for me to find comparable prices on the web, so I was hoping someone could tell me if I am getting ripped off or whether the prices they gave me are fair.

The unit itself is $3300. That is with a 10% discount.

They want another $1,800 for installation which includes the box outside since the fireplace will be flush with the wall.

We are doing 6 foot wide by 8 foot high cultured stone around the whole thing along with a cultured stone mantle and raised hearth.

They say with the installation of the stone and the prices above, the entire job would come to about $7,500.

I believe this is for the 36" model and no fancy door... Just the standard.

Is this a decent price for doing this or am I getting ripped off? I feel like it is high compared to other things I have seen, but with the stone work, it is hard for me to tell.

Any help would be really appreciated!

-Mitch

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fandlil

It's impossible to say whether your price is right because every fireplace situation is different. However, it's safe to say the price is not grossly out of line. More important you should make sure the price includes everything you want. It should be sufficiently detailed so that you know what you're getting. You should also get assurances that no costly unexpected additions are likely. You should also ask for references because these installations are complicated, and you want to be confident your installer has the needed expertise. Although he is unlikely to give you references of people who were unhappy with his work, it still pays to check them out -- ask to see the work he did for them so you can judge for yourself.

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 8:35PM
More Discussions
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Feedback on MORSO 5660 unit with blower
Hi all- we're replacing our wood insert to get a sleeker...
thehype
Napoleon Fireplaces - Be Careful
I purchased an expensive Napoleon fireplace last summer,...
joc6820
HeatnGlo Mezzo 48 or Napolean Linear LHD50
Please help guide me! We are building a new home and...
supcar1
Sponsored Products
Aico Furniture - Tuscano Mansion Bed -...
Great Furniture Deal
Question Mark D├ęcor
$29.99 | zulily
AICO Furniture - Cortina Leather Bedside Bedroom Bench, Honey...
Great Furniture Deal
Arteriors Home - Haven Accent Table - 4132
Great Furniture Deal
Klus B5391 - ECO series Corner Mount Aluminum LED Profile Housing, TAN-C5
Super Bright LEDs
AICO Furniture - Villa Valencia Cal. King Bed with Canopy in...
Great Furniture Deal
Arteriors Home - Nantucket Driftwood Bowl - 5410
Great Furniture Deal
Kitchen Helper Guide
$4.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™