Breckwell Pellet Stove problem

mary14January 29, 2006

I need some help or advise if you would call it that.!!!!

I just installed a Breckwell Pellet Stove "The Big E" home heater.

It says to press the on/off green light, and once it stops blinging, you can use the heat level advance control.

Well, here's the problem. The on/off start green light will not stop blinking. I have allowed the stove to run for at least 6 hours and the light still will not stop blinking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zeta

We have a st croix, not a breckwell, but I had a look at the manual for your stove and it looks to function almost exactly like ours.
Do you have a thermostat connected? If not, check to see if there is a "jumper" in place and remove it if you are using a thermostat. Our stove did the same thing when we first got it, but I soon discovered the jumper was in there. Once I removed it, the thermostat and the stove worked properly. You can also ask around on the yahoo pellet stove forum. Last resort, call your dealer if it's a new stove.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yahoo Groups: pellet stove

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 3:05PM
hobes1

first make sure the stove is set to manual this is located on the top of the control panel it is a switch that has 3 settings.. another thing is when you first start it will blink untill it hits a certain fire temp.. and somtimes you cannot advance the setting untill .. once you start it and it fires up for a few or more secs it should stop blinking .. Also if it is on for awhile and it is still blinking hold down the off on button for a few secs. and see it this stops it... If you disturbe the startup somtimes the light will blink untill you hold the startup button down for a few sec.. Also you can call the Tech service or email the tech ser # is 1866-606-8444 ext 104
belive the name to ask for is Jason ..
Good luck

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 10:23PM
kwcg

My breckwell is three years old. It used to heat really well and now after 1 day, I have to empty the fire box. Besides cleaning the ash from the four slots in the box, is there anything else I should be doing? Do I need to take my shop vac and clean out the vent?

Bookmark   February 3, 2007 at 8:47PM
gsxr-rider137

i recently bought and installed a breckwell P2001 fireplace insert pellet stove. the issue i have is soot on the window. the manual says common issues are damper not being open enough,,and pellet auger speed too slow.. i opened the damper 1/2 more nad increased the flow of pellets. still i have soot that forms and the top of the windows and seems to flow downward..almost looking like stalagites that form in caves..dripping from the ceiling.. what else can i do to stop the soot from forming on the window??

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 6:57PM
jdl-511_att_net

I have a breckwell P23 insert. I'm getting the #1 and #4 light at the same time when in operation. What does this mean?

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
See-through fireplace
Does anyone have any experience with the Lennox Montebello...
aswansonid
Lennox Montebello See Through?
Anyone have some first hand experience with this unit?...
niteshadepromises
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Yikes! Fireplace smells terrible!
Hey everyone, I just bought a house built in the late...
prettybluehouse
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
Sponsored Products
US Stove Multi-Fuel Stove Insert - 6041I
Hayneedle
US Stove Medium EPA Wood Burning Fireplace Insert - 2200I
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™