We just built a home with a two-sided direct vent Lennox fireplace. With the regulator turned all the way up, it is dark in the fireplace and I can't even see flame from many of the viewing angles. I would literally have more light with a single open flame candle in the area. In only one spot can you see flame through the logs, and never does it go higher than the logs. There are coals, but no flame.
Our builder has "exhausted his resources" in trying to get the supplier to do anything. It's a contractor-grade unit, but our builder used the same company's "contractor-grade" unit 3 years ago that looks great in his home.
Because it's a direct vent, I was told they have to remove the entire unit and the flu from the wall if they're going to replace it. Is this true?
We're clearly not happy about where it's at now and will be demanding it be replaced. Anyone else in this situation? When you buy a fireplace, you expect fire. Any suggestions on recourse or what to do? We even have a high pressure gas line in the house.