throwing a house warming

jasper_austinOctober 9, 2002

My co-worker wants to throw a house warming for me when my remodel gets done. I think it's a weird idea. I've lived here for 3 years and so a house warming doesn't make sense to me. I figured on having an open house when everything get done, but in my mind that's totally different than a house warming. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure I want him to forget about throwing me anything because I'm afraid people would bring gifts. All I want is to invite people over and feed them a little since they've been patiently listening to my remodeling war stories all these months.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Tell your co-worker Ixnay!
You have the right idea.
Linda C

Bookmark   October 10, 2002 at 2:12PM
jenn

Your friend has very nice intentions, but I agree with your plans. Just graciously let your friend know about your own plans and that you want to stick to those, and thank him for his thoughtfulness. Perhaps he doesn't know what a housewarming is really about.

Bookmark   October 10, 2002 at 2:43PM
MsMagnolia

You're right. Bless his heart, I'm sure he has good intentions in mind, but.....nononono

Have your Open House whenever you're ready. Tell him he can help w/the food??????

Bookmark   October 10, 2002 at 4:48PM
More Discussions
High School Graduation Party
We are planning my DD's HS graduation party and I was...
crystal01
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™