Filtered Flouride Free Water

mes444December 15, 2005

Many publications we have been reading lately recommend that we remove flouride from our diets as much as possible. And I know our water has flouride in it, so I was wondering if anyone here knows of a brand of water which has flouride removed, it can be bottled or the kind delivered in jugs which sit on a cooler. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mar_cia

The flouride issue is hugely controversial. But, I am on your side of it. Distilling removes flouride and I believe reverse osmosis does also. So if you purchase distilled water it is flouride free. I have a distiller so I don't have to lug home all the bottled water. Distilling is also controversial. It is difficult to find a perfect solution. I commend you for trying to improve your health.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 12:17AM
mar_cia

I forgot...first check locally about your water. It may very well not be treated with flouride. Many locations don't add the flouride.

Bookmark   January 9, 2006 at 6:39PM
gibby2015

Are the publications you've been reading based on some kind of scientific evidence? Granted there could always be something we don't know yet about fluoridated water but everything I've learned as a public health professional is that it is one of the single most effective public health measures ever put in place with no scientific evidence of any harmful effects. As a result there is now a generation of adults who grew up with fluoridated water who have never experienced tooth decay. I would be very interested to know if there is some new scientific evidence that it's harmful.

Bookmark   February 10, 2006 at 10:49PM
norahs6

We even switched to toothpaste that is flouride free !!

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 12:27PM
new2gardenfl

Check with your local public works. I have been working 7 years as an environmental engineer in the water and wastewater industry. I have yet to go to a single water plant that adds flouride.

You may not even have it in your tap water. Don't assume, ask!

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 7:13AM
mar_cia

Gibby, It is controversial....I have reams of scientific evidence that discusses the problems with flouride. If you do a google search you will be deluged with info on both sides. I raised two kids ...no flouride ...no cavities. My grandkids get flouride tablets and still already at a young age have cavities. It isn't as simple a subject as it seems on the surface.

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 9:12PM
More Discussions
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
Any exercise equipment good for home ?
Hey Everyone, I am new to this forum and wanted some...
ashleymore
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
Sponsored Products
Tapered Leg
CliqStudios Cabinets
Cast Iron Dachshund Boot Scraper
Signature Hardware
Zuo Clear Water Bay Outdoor Table
Euro Style Lighting
Pillow Perfect Yellow/ White Geometric Outdoor Toss Pillows (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Grohe Atrio 5-Port Diverter Trim - Brushed Nickel
Modern Bathroom
Beat Light Wide Pendant - White - Tom Dixon
$535.00 | HORNE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™