exercises for the behind??

lilaDecember 16, 2001

What's the best exercise to firm the buttocks and prevent a "cottage cheese" behind?

TIA :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
psycho_mom

I would also like some ideas - also for the hips. This is really my only problem area.
We have a ski machine and a Nordic Track Gold but not sure if either would be of any benefit to this "area."
Thanks!

Bookmark   December 17, 2001 at 8:31AM
bizzylizzy

For this area I do a mixture of yoga, aerobics, and some calisthenics. For example, most leg stretches effect the behind. There's an exercise where you get on your knees and only your hands in front on the floor (kind of like the cat stretch in the beginning), then you lift one leg back and up, keeping it bent in a 90 degree angle so that the thigh is in line with your hip, but below the knee is bent up towards the ceiling, you can gently lift a few inches up and down to use the weight of your leg to isolate and tone the butt. Also, I have used a tension band around my ankles to do similar moves while standing up - kick leg back, to the side, and even cross the leg to isolate the inner thigh muscles. HTH.

Bookmark   December 17, 2001 at 10:12AM
panzees36

Try squats and lunges.

Bookmark   December 18, 2001 at 4:41AM
teresatapp

try Diva Derriere, a great little 5 minute movement featured for free at betterbodybasics.com under their article section. lots of photos and detailed instructions make it easy to follow. no equipment or jumping. really effective!

Bookmark   December 20, 2001 at 9:03PM
More Discussions
Total Gym, workouts for weight loss
Hi I am a 52 yr.old (overweight)male who has a total...
popellis
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™