Is anyone familiar with this Diet featured in Shape?

rottenliviaNovember 26, 2007

I would appreciate any info on the Beck Diet Solution. What do you think of it? How long have you been trying it? Is it worth it? How do you feel on it day to day? I would like the opinions of those who are actively giving it a try to base my own decision on to give it a go. What do you say out there?

Thanks so much!

Bon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
salena

My my my. Diets don't work. Eat less and exercise. Instead of eating a whole sandwich eat 3/4's of it, then go walk around the block. good luck

Bookmark   December 3, 2007 at 8:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cecilia_md7a

The Beck Diet Solution isn't a diet per se. I bought the book out of curiosity; it's more of a journal/self-help/motivational book with quizzes and essays for you to fill in.

Dr. Beck describes it as "a psychological program, not a food plan. With the step-by-step program in this book, you will learn specific techniques to stay on your diet, lose weight, and maintain your weight loss for life. The Beck Diet Solution is based on clinical research in Cognitive Therapy."

You actually choose whatever nutritional plan you wish to follow - it alledgedly works with any diet. I found out about the book on the Weight Watchers forums, where several people spoke highly of it. I never used it myself, having lost 50 lbs using the Weight Watchers Flex Plan alone.

Salena is correct that diets don't work; neither, though, for many people, does simply eating less and exercising more. If all you eat is junk food, that 3/4 of a sandwich is still a poison pill. Healthy eating plans and lifestyle changes are key. My my my.

Bookmark   December 4, 2007 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™