Any suggestions

yasminepdxNovember 8, 2001

Hi, I'm 29, 5 2' and weigh 130 lbs. But my stomach juts out, you cannot even see my boobs ;-) people ask me all the time if I am pregnant.

I have no fat at all on my arms, some on my thighs - but all on my stomach.

I eat healthy (no eggs, meat, cheeese - lots of grains, vegetables as I'm vegetarian)

No physical activity at all.

We even have a treadmill and weights. And the body-for-life book.

I don't want to look muscle-y. Just want to tone my body - the smallest exertion now gives me sore muscles. And I want to flatten my abs.

Please suggest what to do

yasmine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lor_CA

Are you sure it's fat and maybe you're not just bloated? You could have irritable bowel sybdrome. One of the symtoms can be a fat (bloated) stomach.

Bookmark   November 8, 2001 at 7:14PM
tazruckus

Also, you are eating a Vegetarian diet and my suspicion is that you are eating a "lot of grains"..breads, pastas, ect..Many times, these types of foods will "settle" in certain areas of your body. For instance, people who tend to eat a lot of fatty foods will get excess weight in their behinds, legs, thighs..People who eat a lot of breads and pastas tend to have their weight settle in their mid-section..

I would suggest cutting down on the breads and grains, and upping your soy protein/protein intake and more non-starchy vegatables...

Bookmark   November 9, 2001 at 10:58AM
salena

I would eliminate white breads and eat whole wheat 'sometimes' and eat only 'whole' grains. Have all veggies and fruits and beans, but REALLY cut back on meats/fats.

Bookmark   November 20, 2001 at 8:33AM
mackdaddy

I think your diet is fine, as long as you eat your beans or whatever you eat to fulfill your protien needs. I think you should start Taebo. I was really really fat, and taebo was fun enough to keep me interested as well as effective. It works your abs without screwing up your back.With your great dietary habits, it's only a matter of time...
God Bless

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 2:33AM
More Discussions
Abtronic.... and the verdict on this is?
I just saw this on TV. Any feedback on this? Saw the...
TinaNY
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™