exercise ball

OceanNovember 8, 2001

Does anyone use an exercise ball in their workouts. I've ben doing a routine with the recumbent bike & upperbody weight workout. They are both great. I love them. I have been trying to add in a Abdominal workout but no matter what I do they all make my lower back and neck really sore. Not good since I run a home daycare and have to be able to pick up the kids. I got an exercise ball today - hoping that using it for an AB workout will take some pressure off my neck and lower back. Anyone have any experience with these things? Any tips?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heather_on

I use an exercise ball but just started to do it. My exercise ball came with instructions and examples. There are some exercises that I do on the ball that aren't with the instructions. I can photocopy the instructions for you if you would like or scan them and send them to you in an email.

One of the things I do is sit on the ball and walk myself out so that my knees are at right angles on the floor and my back is on the ball. Then I put my hands behind my head and do mini sit ups. This helps the abdominals.

One other is to sit on the ball and then balance and raise a leg one at a time and hold the leg up for a count of 10. These two exercises I didn't see on the instructions. Trying to raise my two legs at the same time is almost impossible for me at least. I'm still a klutz with the ball but each day gets a bit better.

Bookmark   November 24, 2001 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
Sponsored Products
KidsFit Elementary Total Body Kidz Cycle - 664
Hayneedle
Windsor Chevron Hide Rug 11'6" x 14'6" - SILVER/WHITE
$5,399.00 | Horchow
Marcy 100 lb. Vinyl Weight Set - VB100
$79.99 | Hayneedle
Gym Flooring: Multy Home Flooring XR6 Black 18 in. x 18 in. Rubber Activity
$89.97 | Home Depot
Cat n Around Wands - Glitter Wands - 01060
$14.99 | Hayneedle