question regarding exercise website/supplier

barbara0806November 28, 2001

What have you found to be the best exercise website (for tips) and the best supplier (in terms of inexpensive products) for exercise needs?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jainie_S

QVC has alot of equipment for reasonable prices. Go to mysimon and compare as well. Also I would get ratings from Epinions.
Jainie S

Bookmark   November 29, 2001 at 2:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MrsJim

I'll post the link to ExRx below. GREAT place for checking out strength training workouts (there's a little movie of the exercise being performed on each page).

Also a caveat to ordering from infomercials or QVC - you get what you pay for...if you're looking for a home treadmill/elliptical/etc., I'd suggest going to Sears, SportMart, or Play it Again Sports and **try before you buy**. Yeah, I know, QVC has the 30-day money back guarantee but think of what a hassle it'll be to keep the packaging, repackage, and ship back a large item. Not to mention that YOU have to pay the return shipping out of pocket!

My top two suggestions for home exercise equipment:

For strength training: Check out PowerBlocks. They are so neat - it's a set of adjustable dumbbells that takes up very little room and you can adjust from 5 pounds up to 100+ (depending on what model you buy). If you have wrist problems these are also a good choice ergonomically. PowerBlocks are being carried by a lot of exercise equipment dealers (FitnessWize is one in my area) or you can check 'em out on www.powerblocks.com. Trust me that you CAN INDEED get a full strength training workout with just dumbbells and an adjustable bench!

Cardio top choice: If you have a decent bike (road or mountain) look into buying a WIND TRAINER. Most professional cyclists rely on wind trainers to keep up during the wet/rainy/snowy seasons when they can't ride outdoors. These can REALLY give you a workout! Best of all, they are very compact once you remove your bike - fits nicely into a closet. They come in a wide range of prices - just keep in mind that the less expensive ones are going to be a lot noisier than the pricier models. Any well-stocked bike shop should carry at least one model for you to try out. Check eBay for great prices!

Hope that helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: ExRx.net - strength training exercises galore!

Bookmark   November 29, 2001 at 2:57PM
More Discussions
Total Gym, workouts for weight loss
Hi I am a 52 yr.old (overweight)male who has a total...
popellis
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Palais Royale Double Dresser in Rococo Cognac -...
Great Furniture Deal
Varaluz Lamps Fascination 26 in. Nevada Question Mark Table Lamp with Clear
Home Depot
Baxton Studio Westerlund Grey Sofa and Loveseat
Overstock.com
Personalized Brown Server with Iron Base - 12" dia.
$145.00 | FRONTGATE
AICO Furniture - Palais Royale Fabric Wood Chair - 71834-RDBLK-35
Great Furniture Deal
Michigan Wolverines 20-Oz. Mason Jar & Lid
$9.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™