American Idol

CaroleOHMarch 12, 2014

I've been a fan of American Idol every season. Through all the crazy judges and their drama - there was always two or three singers I really liked and wanted to watch to see how far they would go etc.

This season I can honestly say there is not one contestant that I can say I really like. I can't believe out of all the tens of thousand people who auditioned this was the best they could find.

Anyone else not feeling it this season or is it just me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

I agree completely. I stopped watching last week and now am watching THE VOICE which is far superior and the talent is amazing.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 1:01AM
mitchdesj

I also used to watch American Idol but I don't anymore.

I love the Voice a lot, I'm a big fan because of the diversity of contestants and also the judges.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 6:28AM
maddielee

Agreed. There's not one finalist that I consider talented or likable.

The only reason I even know that I don't like them is because I check in to see Harry and Keith.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 8:44AM
joaniepoanie

I have watched every season......LOVING Harry......Contestants just so-so for me too. My favorites are Alex and Sam. I especially think Alex is the real deal. Jena did very well last night. The judges seem to really like her, but I think Jessica is just awful!!! She sang off-key last week and this week and is so nasally she reminds me of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz! I also watch The Voice, and yes, overall better contestants, but I don't think they always make the right picks either.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 10:56AM
legomom23

I agree on all counts. Love Harry - watching for him. Not impressed with the contestants so far. Although last night the performances did seem to improve. I keep watching hoping to get hooked.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 12:04PM
outsideplaying_gw

i am watching but i don't start until they have the finalists. I am generally underwheled, but believe they are improving and gaining confidence. I actually like a couple of them for their vocal individuality. Majesty could sing just about anything I think, and I actually like Jessica and MK although MK is somewhat timid. She did well last night. As for the guys, BJ, Caleb and Ben seem to be at the top of my list, but you never know with the voters. I wish the judges had more saves. Sometimes I totally disagree with how the voting goes.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 7:23PM
springroz

I KNOW I am getting old, and trends change, but I find everyone very similar in voice, and that is nasal-y and not pleasant. I like ALL genre of music, but do these people not have diaphragms from which to sing??

Nancy

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 2:38PM
caminnc

It's so bad that I wonder if there will even be another American Idol next season. I love Harry too!!!

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 7:03PM
More Discussions
Photoshop Help with my exterior remodel!
Help! I want to remodel the exterior of my house. I...
fst96se
Ikea mattresses
We need to get a new twin mattress for my DS (9). ...
jlc712
Budget kitchen remodel
We relocated to a new state, and bought this home last...
reallymelanie
Replace fan/light combo with light?
I have a Broan fan/light combo in my laundry room....
misformink
Do you like decor on the coffee table?
This relates back to our 'magazine house' discussion....
selcier
Sponsored Products
Captain 10-piece Watch Holder
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Bethesda Wall Sconce by Hudson Valley Lighting
$320.00 | Lumens
Darryl Green Wall Clock by David Scherer
$116.95 | Bellacor
A19 Lighting | Spring Wall Sconce
$359.99 | YLighting
Alice Tacheny Design | Platte Bench
YLiving.com
American Drew Tribecca Dresser in Root Beer Color
Beyond Stores
Franklin Leather Loveseat - Brighton Energy Pink
Joybird Furniture
American Rug Craftsmen Crib 2 College Kids Dots Hot Pink Rug (3'4 x 5')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™