Need Suggestions for Ladies' Cultural Group

akaDeniseOctober 30, 2002

I'm about to start a new neighborhood club and I was hoping for some good suggestions for activities. Our neighborhood already has a bunko group and last year, I started a book group.

But some of us really tired of playing bunko and would like to go out together once a month.

I was thinking we could get together once a month and have the hostess choose the activity for the month. For instance, we could all go to a play, the sympthony, a chick-flick, a great restaurant, a great bbq joint, an art show, or ?????

I'd love for this to be great fun and something we'd all look forward to each month.

Denise

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duckie

That sounds like fun. It actually sounds like you have the makings of two different groups here. One could be a restaurant of the month. Each month one person chooses the place to go. No chain restaurants allowed! It would be a fun way to try new places you probably never even thought to go to. And it would be a good venue for chatting with friends.

Another group could be cultural group. You could go to art museums and history museums. I probably would avoid concerts and plays which require advance tickets, but stuff you can do as spur of the moment would be good. Around here we have a lot of summer concerts which would fit the bill well. If you attend something which would make conversation difficult, plan on going out to coffee or something after.

Bookmark   October 30, 2002 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
Help! Baby Shower Gift etiquette?
I need some help here as to proper etiquette. God this...
caboomer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™