Indoor Bicycle Trainer

nbrooksNovember 8, 2006

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you own an indoor bicycle trainer? I am specifically thinking about the stands that hold regular street and/or mountain bikes for indoor use. I am considering getting one for my husband but am not sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zinnia_blooms

I have a staionary bicycle , its the only excercise i really like at this point, not sure what you are talking about , sounds neat though ...

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 11:34PM
kayakingkris

My husband bought one last winter for his recumbent bike. He put over 500 miles on his bike while watching NHL games on TV. I probably contributed to 25 of those 500 miles. He loved it and when his bike went out of the house for the summer, he bought a recumbent stationary bike so I don't think he'll be using the trainer this year. I should have him put it on ebay.

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 12:09PM
devorah

I love my recumbant stationary bike. I am pretty fat and out of shape, but I do about 9 miles a day. I have to use it to keep my blood sugar under some sort of control. I would guess that the trainer you are speaking of would work quite well, but I don't know if it offers the varying degrees of difficulty like the stationary bikes.

Bookmark   November 16, 2006 at 1:05AM
davidmck

I have the device that you are referring to. It is small, attaches to the rear wheel and have tension control, although I find that shifting gears on the bike works wonderfully also. Mine cost about $150 but works very well, is solid and does a good job.

Bookmark   December 24, 2006 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
Any exercise equipment good for home ?
Hey Everyone, I am new to this forum and wanted some...
ashleymore
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™