exercises for waist?

Lor_CANovember 11, 2001

Tall and slender but want more definition of my waistline. Any exercises to specifically take off half an inch from each side. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
megerina

have you tried pilates mat work, yoga, classical stretch or T-Tapp?

The all tend to work on the girdle around the middle.

meg

Bookmark   November 13, 2001 at 2:01PM
Lor_CA

Yes, I do 1/2 hour of yoga each morning, 15 minutes of exercise and stretch for a back injury and walk 45 minutes a day. I was just wondering if there were some specific exercises to trim the waist.

Bookmark   November 14, 2001 at 11:31AM
salena

Unfortunately 'spot reducing' is a falacy! We lose weight all over at the same rate. You must lose weight to lose inches

Bookmark   November 20, 2001 at 8:31AM
mackdaddy

Sorry, but Salena smashed the nail on the head. Try cutting 500 calories a day. From your description of tall and slender, I really really think that if you slice 500, (losing a pound a week) you will get your results in a week, 2 at most. If that doesn't work, maybe you can bulk(I know women hate that word)and cut up your abs. That could help you create the illusion of a thinner waist. I try!
God Bless

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 2:23AM
tazruckus

This has been my experience. I have been doing Kathy Smith's Kickboxing with the RIGHT TECHNIQUE and I have been doing Kathy Smith's "March to Fitness" which includes a Latin Dance section with emphasis on twisting the waist. The kickboxing when "done correctly" causes you to "utilize" the muscles in your waist.

My waist has NEVER been smaller. I am a "natural" hour glass shape. I have done tons of "sit ups, crunches ect"..and I have never gotten results so quickly when I have done these tapes. My waist is looking "fierce"!

When I am doing the Latin dancing, everything comes from the waist rotating and the hips as well. With the Kickboxing, the "pivots" when doing certain punches make you work your waist a lot as well as when kicking correctly, the power comes from your abdomen.

I am doing WW's and I also learned that it is better to have "real fat" at smaller amounts than "fake fat" at larger amounts.
Just my two cents!

Bookmark   November 26, 2001 at 1:45PM
xanthippe

When I work out, I basically turn on really loud music and dance around like a complete dork (curtains shut, of course, heheh). I have been incorporating a really clumsy version of the hula, but it is really doing the trick. I go in much more in the middle, now and my side and back muscles are really nice and toned. You just have to be willing to look silly for 20 minutes a day :)

Bookmark   December 1, 2001 at 3:17AM
More Discussions
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
Is it okay to drink coffee while on green juice fast?
Planning to do this green juice fast,veggie juicing...
starraffy
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Sponsored Products
Chesapeake Seagrass Area Rug - 11760
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Sunny Health & Fitness Tri-Fold Exercise Mat - 048
$47.17 | Hayneedle
Troy Barbell Multi-Exercise Bar Cable Attachment - TXB
$41.03 | Hayneedle
Kidwise Castle Bounce and Slide Inflatable Bounce House - KW-9017
$269.00 | Hayneedle
Roll & Hill | Halo Wall Sconce
YLighting