Toning or Stretching

VickeyNovember 1, 2001

Okay I've been "Walking away the pounds" but find I would like to "speed up" the looking better process. So I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the difference between toning and stretching?

2. I'm VERY overweight (I hate the word obese, so use VERY instead), which would be more benificial? I really want to loose the belly!

3. What video's would you recommend - remember it has to be BEGINNER.

Thanks to all.

Vickey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GinaMarie

Vickey, Both toning and stretching are important. you need to do some toning and then stretching when you are done. I would suggest looking into the Body For Life exercise routine. It is not alot to do but very effective. I tried the program for two weeks and could see results in my arms already. I did not follow the eating plan though, I think it is more geared towards weight lifters, not dieters, I actually gained on the plan. And yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat and I probably didn't gain weight after all, but still, I have about 30-35 more pounds to lose and I want to lose it, not just tone up the fat I have. If you would like the info on the exercise routine you can email me.

GinaMarie

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 1:58PM
Quinn

You might try Callanetics - I think there's a beginner video. The regular "Callanetics" video also includes suggestions for beginners, people with back problems, etc. See the Callanetics thread on this forum.

Bookmark   December 1, 2001 at 4:55PM
Lynnie

Vickey, go to www.collagevideo.com I believe they have something that when you type in your level of fitness and your goal there are suggestions for what type videos you can try.

Bookmark   December 7, 2001 at 8:43AM
Puterlady48

"Toning" is generally strengthening and tightening muscle. "Stretching" is extending muscle to keep it supple and flexible. Both are very important. Stretching before your workout can prevent injury. Stretching after your workout, when the muscles are nice and warm, can improve flexibility. Strengthening muscle can actually help you burn fat more quickly. The more muscle you have, the better your metabolism. A great exercise routine includes aerobics, strength training, and stretching.

Bookmark   December 15, 2001 at 1:25AM
More Discussions
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™