WANTED: Very old Workbasket Magazine issues

therahortDecember 25, 2006

I would like any old or very old issues of Workbasket Magazine issues. It is no longer published, and was a very good little magazine that both my 96 year old mother and I enjoyed, and we would like any issues, especially of the earlier years of its publication. Please let me know what you are interested in exchanging for them, and if I have anything that you would like, we would appreciate a fair exchange.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Thera, I have some issues dating back to the 1950s. I will check tonight and see if there are any I'm willing to part with. I also have some duplicates from the 60s - 80s that I can share with you. I'll get back to you.

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 2:00PM
donna_loomis

Thera, I didn't find any duplicates of the very old Workbaskets, but I do have duplicates of the following dates: August 1979, March 1981, April 1983 July 1983, October 1983, April 1985, May 1985, August 1985, September 1985, October 1985, April 1990, June-July 1993, December-January 1994. Would you be interested in trading for any of those?

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 2:18AM
therahort

You have e-mail.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 5:48PM
songbirdmommy

I think I can totally help you.
My great aunt died a few months ago, just before I moved and I got ALL of her craft things.
She was 102 years old.
I have an entire box of Work Basket, many of them from a VERY LONG time ago, possibly every issue ever made.
They are in my storage unit(somewhere), I labeled the box, but when we moved, all that was put into the storage.
It is about 8 degrees outside today... if you are willing to wait a month or two until it warms up, I would gladly exchange the entire box that probably weighs 25 pounds(think of how many that would be!) for????
I am looking for windchimes, iris rhizomes-(lavender, pinks purples),hostas.... I collect birdhouses, bunnies, hearts, terra cotta cookie/paper molds, quilts... just to give you an idea of what I like, you come up with something that you don't want, let's see what fun things we can exchange! :-)

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 1:15PM
pataylor

Hi. I also have a very large box of Workbasket Magazines that appear to be quite old. I was asked to sell them on ebay for a non-profit group, but if you are still looking I would be more than willing to deal with you.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 10:15PM
erickap

I have some workbasket magazine that I'm willing to trade for a collection of the "women who make cense" column. I just need the photocopies and no the magazine.

Ericka

Bookmark   November 22, 2007 at 11:01PM
jacquis_mindspring_com

I found complete issues from 1950 -1953 and several other single issues between 1957 - 1982 at an Estate sale. I would be willing to copy

Bookmark   December 13, 2007 at 11:44PM
strawberry006

I too am looking for very old Workbasket magazines. The ones I need are from 1935's to 1940's, Voluemes 1 to 6, issues 1 to 12. Have been trying to help my Mom build her collection. Don't have much to trade, but maybe we can work out something. If anyone has some of the real old ones they want to give up please contact me. Thanks

Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 6:41PM
marian_green_thumb

I have created a web site dedicated to this great magazine. If you are interested in trading, buying, selling or you are looking for a pattern, please visit my web site at http://mysite.verizon.net/mldubbels/Workbasket.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Workbasket Magazine

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 11:44AM
jeanagifford_hotmail_com

I am looking for a crochet or knit pattern for an owl pillow made with bright crayon colors. The body was about 24-in. high and the feathers were triangles of the various bright colors attached to the front breast. I believe that I made it in 1974, 1975, or 1976. It could have come from The Workbasket, Woman's Day, Family Circle, Redbook, or any other craft magazine of the day. I would pay a reasonable sum for that pattern. Please contact me at jeanagifford@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Bookmark   February 11, 2011 at 8:38PM
giaher26_gmail_com

Hello, I just found 11 Workbasket magazines dated back to May 1957 to Dec, 1963, they were my Great grandmothers. I would like to see them go to someone who collects these.. Please email me.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 2:54PM
vais4lovers33_yahoo_com

I have some very old The WorkBasket Magazines. They start out from 1940's to 1990's I have some that are in great condition. I was given them from a relative who passed away and I am not into Crafts and such. If you or anyone are interested just shoot me a email and I will be glad to take and show u pictures of the magazines.
Thank You,
Also Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful ladies that will view this message.

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 12:21PM
psychobus10_hotmail_com

I HAVE SOME OLD WORKBASKET BOOKS TO SELL OCT 1953 AND DEC 1953 AND SOME OTHER ONES 1983,1984, 1986, 1980 AND MORE.
ANYONE INTERESETED PLEASE EMAIL ME.
THANKS

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 10:56AM
arcgirl_2015_yahoo_com

i have 10 issues from 1950-1968 i do want to sell them

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 9:03PM
ljm0755_yahoo_com

I have all 12 months in 1960. Will sell for $10

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 11:57PM
cathy53sue_yahoo_com

I have several old Workbasket magazines. Some from the 50's and several from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I do want to sell them.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 5:47PM
catjanie

I have many old workbasket magazines for sale if interested
kelleywebber00@hotmail.com

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 6:09AM
catjanie

Anyone still looking for VERY OLD Workbasket magazines, please email me at kelleywebber00@hotmail.com OR CALL 304-268-3039

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 4:47PM
leetadc

I have to downsize my collections. I have some of "The Workbasket Home and Needlecraft for Pleasure and Profit" from 1953 through 1962. I also have some of "The Workbasket and Home Arts Magazine" from 1980 through July 1992. I would like to sell any and all of these for a small price. Please email me at leetadc@gmail.com. I have other collections of cross stitching, quilting, crafts, etc. available.

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 7:04PM
CraftyB

I have 157 issues of The Workbasket Magazine dated March 1963 to August 1980. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at lw663@ymail.com.

Bookmark   October 28, 2014 at 12:20PM
capthooksmom

I so glad to see so many that have hung onto their workbaskets. I am sorry now that I have given mine away. I am in search of December 1956 vol 22 number 3 Loop stitch booties pattern. Also the bottle cap grape trivet pattern. My grandmother used to make these and I can't find these patterns. Is there any help for my quest??

Bookmark   March 8, 2015 at 5:22PM
donna_loomis

I may have the Workbasket issue (December 1956) you are looking for. I'll check (may take a few days, as they are boxed). But if I don't have that issue, I'm pretty sure I do have a pattern for the bottle cap grape trivet. I'll get back to you.

Bookmark   March 11, 2015 at 10:27AM
donna_loomis

Capthooksmom, I found both the Workbasket issue you are looking for, with the Loop Stitch booties pattern, and the pattern for the bottle cap grape trivet. I would be happy to send them to you. However, now that Houzz has taken over, I am still trying to figure out how to navigate. I can see your page, but nothing is showing for an email. I am hoping you are smarter than I am and if you go to my page, you will see an email there for me and you can give me your address.

Bookmark   March 11, 2015 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
WANTED: fibre craft crochet doll pattern pandora
Hi. ISO the fibre craft doll pattern pandora. Have...
maggiejo1546
WANTED: Critter coverlette patterns
Looking for any of the Down on the Farm Creations Critter...
girlsingardens
WANTED: Chart for the poem Santa's magic key
I am looking for a chart to make it for my grand nieces....
sweetkitten51
WANTED: the last supper filet crochet pattern
Hi Ladies, I am looking for the last supper filet crochet...
coffeelady
wanted: fibre craft kitchen granny fcm471 crochet pattern
Willing to trade for this pattern. I have thousands...
knottyhooker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™