Pretty chocolates like these as a gift . . .

katy_bugOctober 3, 2007

I am being honored with a baby shower by my MIL friends in a couple of weeks. I need to get gifts for the 10 hostesses for the shower. I am thinking of doing chocolates since there are so many hostesses, but I want to make them seem special. I love these:

http://www.mariebelle.com/product.cfm?id=3

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/exotic_truffles_4pc/4_pc_party_favors

But I would prefer something in the $5-8 range instead of the $10-13 range since I have to buy 10 of them.

Any ideas for "pretty" chocolates that I can order on the internet?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

Have you tried Godiva?

Another option may be to make the chocolates yourself. You may be surprised at how easy it is to make good chocolates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Godiva

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 11:35AM
katy_bug

Thank you for the suggestion, but I have never really been a big fan of godiva. BTW - I am an avid cook, but right now . . . making the chocolates is way out of the question due to work and other stuff.

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 11:45AM
gellchom

I think that more than any type of chocolates you would buy, what would make your thank-you gift special would be a personal and individual note to each of the hostesses.

A few years ago, I was part of a large group that gave a party for an engaged couple. They gave us each a nice gift: a little magnetized wire basket with personalized note pads and a pen. But there was only a little printed note attached to each, "Thanks! John and Mary," and they never sent a note of thanks later, either. It was a nice little gift, but truthfully I would have preferred a note telling me they enjoyed and appreciated the party.

Bookmark   October 3, 2007 at 4:47PM
flamingo1121

How about these from Munson's chocolates in CT. Looks like they can be ordered on line. I like the pretty flower ones. Congrats on the baby!

Here is a link that might be useful: Munson Link

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 12:07PM
labmomma

Are you definitely set on chocolates?

If I were your hostess, I would appreciate a nice personal thank you note and an inexpensive picture frame with a nice picture taken at the shower. A 4x6 picture frame and a copy of a picture taken at the shower would not be expensive at all. I know Exposures Catalog always has sale frames, or TJ Maxx or a similar discount-type store. You could give everyone a similar, same or totally different frames. I think I would give each hostess the same picture. If plan ahead, you could have a friend take a nice group picture of you with your hostesses.

Just a thought...

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 3:33PM
marge727

I just got some wonderful Belgian chocolates at Costco. I bet Sam's club has the also.

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™