Second Baby Shower

ksucat1996October 9, 2002

HELP!! I am having a baby shower for my boss next month. It is her second child and she found out she is having another boy. I want it to be more of a get-together of her friends and managers with the company since we all work in different places and don't see each other often. She doesn't need baby stuff or clothes so I was thinking about a Mommy pamper party or something like that. Does anyone have any themes or ideas on the "second baby" party. I'm sure we all will have a hard time finding a gift.....please HELP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meg1199

How about a "pamper you" party? Wouldnd't it be great to receive all kinds of fun bath products, some good books, babysitting coupons, candles etc...I think that would be sweet.
Meg

Bookmark   October 9, 2002 at 4:54PM
nancylouise_gw

My sil just had her first child last week, a little girl. She had a large baby shower a few months ago given by her friends at work in which some family members where invited. So we are having a family baby shower for her so the rest of the family can attend. We are having a Sunday Brunch. My brother is a chef so he is taking the day off and will be doing most of the food. Other family members will also be contributing food and drinks. Sil has everything she needs already for the baby so we are having a Gift Cert. Party. GC to restaruants, book stores, bath shops, as well as savings bonds for future college costs. She will be bringing the baby for everyone to meet. I can't wait to see her. I live a few hours drive away from my family so I haven't seen the little darlin' yet! Good luck with your shower! NancyLouise

Bookmark   October 10, 2002 at 8:55AM
MsMagnolia

Since there isn't usually a 'second baby shower' given, it would be nice to do something for the mom-to-be. I would suggest a "A Luncheon for Leah" (whomever), and tell the guests - but don't let the honoree know - to bring something that would 'pamper' her at a time she needs it most. Those last coupla months aren't fun.

This should be an ideal way to have the mom-to-be 'showered' with affection and fun, pampering gifts - and also a little surprise, since she would think it was a luncheon only.

Bookmark   October 10, 2002 at 4:55PM
lindac

I've done a "You won't always be Pregnant" party....including a sexy nighty, lotions, bath stuff.....and a belt!.....for when the waistline reappears.
Linda C

Bookmark   October 12, 2002 at 11:15PM
airedalian

Late reply but we ALWAYS do "subsequent" (whatever the number) baby showers for our friends. We do a casserole shower, and everyone brings a frozen entree in a disposable dish with reheating instructions. The hostess makes room in her freezer and provides a big cooler to transport it all home in. A nice get together and a new mom ALWAYS needs easy-to-make food -- especially new moms with other little ones at home!!

We also had a "real" shower for our friend who was having her 1st girl after EIGHT boys -- we figured if anybody needed new baby stuff and deserved a shower it was HER!!!

Bookmark   October 20, 2002 at 4:05PM
More Discussions
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Tipping a Personal Chef
I've been given a gift of having a personal chef come...
msbrandywinevalley
Questions about Murder/Mystery Games
Please tell me more about Murder/Mystery Games (apparently...
bizzybee
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
High School Graduation Party
We are planning my DD's HS graduation party and I was...
crystal01
Sponsored Products
Body Sheet - WHITE/SILVER (SHOWER TOWEL)
$265.00 | Horchow
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Paragon Series 30 in. x 65 in.
Home Depot
D-Shaped Brass Shower Curtain Rod
Signature Hardware
Oil Rubbed Bronze 3 Piece Shower Set
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Danze Opulence Trim Only Single Handle Pressure Balance Shower Faucet - Tumbled
Modern Bathroom
Coventry Yellow Medium Scale Floral 70-by-28 Inch Empress 2-Piece Lined Swag Val
$27.95 | Bellacor
Globe Electric Recessed Lighting 4 in. Square Shower White Matte Recessed
$23.75 | Home Depot
simplehuman Vertical Tension Shower Caddy
$129.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™