Fall Birthday

NancyAnnOctober 2, 2002

My sister is having her 50th birthday.Her children are taking her out to dinner and then returning to her home where the rest of the family and some friends will surprise her. I am in charge of decorations. We don't want to do anything with black balloons or age related themes. Her children told me to just keep it simple so any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not that talented so simple works for me. The cake will have some fresh fall flowers on it. Also, your input is needed on this. We will be serving cake and coffee and possibly some punch. This will be around 7 at night so I would assume most would have eaten dinner. But, should we have some other sort of snacks? And should we have ice cream? The cake will be like a wedding cake (not shaped, but the same flavor)and you don't normally have ice cream with that so we are unsure. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fireraven9

Maybe something like raspberry (or peach, lime, cranberry, etc.) sorbet instead of ice cream? The flowers on the cake sound wonderful. Are they edible flowers or just fresh flowers arranged on the cake? There are some wonderful flowers that can be eaten in salads, on cakes etc. You might want pretzels, chips and dip, crackers and cheese (a sophisticated choice) or some other snack things just in case people are hungry. What kind of punch? Champagne punch, apple cider with spices, citrus (lemon, lime orange, pineapple) punch? You could do balloons in the same colors as the flowers on the cake if you think she will like balloons.

Lee AKA Fireraven9
Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso. (Ideas should be clear and chocolate thick.)
--Spanish proverb

Bookmark   October 2, 2002 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
4 letter words
We will be playing with only 4 letter words.One should...
kushy28
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Today Pillow Covers
Serena & Lily
Safavieh Handmade Soho Burst Grey New Zealand Wool Rug
Overstock.com
Tiffany Style Table Lamp with Fish Scales & Green Jadestone Decors
ParrotUncle
"Utopia Carmen" Bowl - WHITE
$248.00 | Horchow
Ceramic Serving Bowl
$18.99 | Dot & Bo