need an excersise!

nataleeOctober 6, 2001

Hey, does anyone know of any good excersises that will make my leg musscles bigger? I have really long legs, but they are so skinny, so if anyone knows of any excersises, they would be appreciated! Also if anyone knows of anything that will make my butt a bit bigger, that would be great, thanx in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flames9_hotmail_com

Leg exercises: Squats are one of the best. Leg extensions, lounges are close behind. Just ensure you have propeer form and eating right. Heaslthy eating habits are probably more important than the lifting itself

cheers
Scott

Bookmark   October 6, 2001 at 8:03PM
Pamela_in_michigan

Walking :o)

Bookmark   October 6, 2001 at 9:33PM
bigurs0_aol_com

absolutly right . Squats are the best for building leg mass and also your glutes (buttisimo). The more wieght you use the more the body has to adapt and grow . Dont overdue it and use a spotter .

Bookmark   October 8, 2001 at 4:08PM
razzberry_ice_hotmail_com

hey, thanx for ur suggestions! but what exactly is a squat and how do you do them? I don't know much about excercising so if someone can tell me that would be great!

Bookmark   October 10, 2001 at 9:08PM
Bridget

To do a squat, you just pretend you are sitting down.Your weight will be on your heels and your thighs will be parallel to the floor. That will work your butt and your thighs.If you put your feet closer together and squat, it will work your inner thigh.You can also hold a weight bar behind your head(sitting on your shoulder/back area) or hold dumbbells in your hands. But remember that you have to work your calves also or you will look unbalanced. To do this, stand on a curb or something with the front part of your foot on the curb and the back half off. Hold a weight in your hand,maybe 10 lbs.,and lower your heel below the curb, then stand on your toes. Just keep lowering yourself up and down.All your weight on that one leg.You will need to hold onto something to maintain balance. I can recommend two great books: Hardbodies, by Gladys Portuguese and Now or Never, by Joyce Vedral. They are just wonderful for a beginner. Have fun!

Bookmark   March 23, 2003 at 7:52PM
MuscleCramp

Form is everything... make sure you start with a low weight and get the form right or you'll end up screwing up your back or knees.

I used have gym exercise video clips linked that show you the proper form, but I can't find them. DOH!

Buy a book with pictures or ask a pro.

Bookmark   March 24, 2003 at 11:06AM
lazy_gardens

Bicycling ... ever see a Tour de France biker with scrawny legs?

Bookmark   March 27, 2003 at 8:56AM
More Discussions
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™