Weekly Weigh-in week of 10/11/09

harold14370October 11, 2009

I changed my mind and decided to start a new thread this week after all. It looks like a few of our members are returning and we are getting more posts.

Last week, only two of us actually weighed in.

Harold - Weight 196, lost 2, total lost 79

Ivamae - Weight 170, lost 2, total lost 22

My results this week:

Weight 196, lost 0, total lost 79

Avg. Calories - Food 1912, exercise 284, steps 13184

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silversword

Hi Harold... Wa-hoooo!!! You're under 200? That's fabulous.

I'm at 140. Groan. But I'm not exercising either :) Need to get back in the loop.

Chia seeds are helping with energy and helping me feel full. I need some incentive to lose some weight!!

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 11:13AM
harold14370

Hi, Silver.

A few thoughts that might help with your motivation.

Swimsuit season is not that far off. If you start now, you could be beach-ready by only losing a pound or two a month. Much easier that way.

You don't want to have another picture taken like that one in the snowsuit. Yes, we remembered that story.

Hubby will appreciate the arm candy.

You will set a good example for your daughter.

You need to make a permanent change in your eating habits. No time like the present to get started.

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 9:30PM
ivamae

I weighed this morning and was 169. That is one more pound lost. I'm thrilled. Hope it continues.

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 8:57AM
eklektos

I'm still at 139. While I'm not excited that I haven't lost the weight I gained when we had a visitor, I am excited that I didn't gain any more while traveling. Travel is so hard for me--sitting still a long time, eating restaurant food and all the special foods that the people you're visiting make to celebrate your presence (same thing we did when we had an out of town guest).
But I'm back at home now and able to do my own food prep with full knowledge of all ingredients, so I hope to get back to losing again now.

Harold, you are so right about a lifetime change. I'll have to always watch what I eat, when I eat, and how much I eat in order to lose and then maintain. There's no way I can ever hope to have this over with so I can go back to what was previously "normal" eating for me. Lifetime change. Yep.

Ivamae, congrats on the one more pound, and on getting below 170!
Harold, you'll probably have a melt this week since you didn't see a change on the scale. It's coming!

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 10:48AM
jasmi

Hi guys

I was 131.2 yesterday morning. I did not weigh in last week. Any time I checked my weight last week, it was showing in upper 130s and I wasnt sure what was going on.I guess it was my all coffee and no water week . Anyway, i am hoping to lose some weight this week if not any gain.

Harold and Ivamae , you are doing great.
Silver, nice to see you back reporting on the thread. I missed you and Ek.

Bookmark   October 14, 2009 at 3:06PM
bettyd_z7_va

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I've been MIA. There were 3 of us sick last week,plus DH's Aunt who lives with us had cataract surgery last Wed. This week I've had Dr appointments everyday. I'm soooo tired. Can't sleep well.

I remembered to weigh yesterday and I was 158 or 159. Can't remember. Don't remember what I was last time!

Silver, tell me more about what you are taking for energy. PLEASE!

I miss all of you. Lots of grabbing meals out in between Dr appts. I watch the biggest loser and want to run away and join them to just have some uninterupted ME time to get on the treadmill if nothing else.

Can you tell I'm tired? Gripe,gripe,gripe! I feel better all ready!

Love y'all,
Betty

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 12:05PM
jasmi

Hi

All day yesterday something has been bothering me and I finally realized it was my gaining weight . So I came back to the post and saw the number I posted here . Sure I did a typo. I was actually 132.8 not 131.2 . So I gained weight :-((

I am so looking forward to kick 130s and step into 120s.

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 2:25PM
eklektos

Jasmi, that's not enough to be a real gain. It's probably just a fluctuation upward, which happens for lots of reasons. I'm sure it will straighten out for you. You are so close to getting out of the 130s. It's going to happen very soon. Maybe even this week! Best wishes!

I am happy that the scale went down a lot for me today--not official weigh-in day, but still encouraging. I was 137.5 today, which suggests that the little gain I had from entertaining/traveling is going away quickly. And I wore my new size 8 jeans all day today. That's a happy thing!

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 8:13PM
More Discussions
Atkins Diet Treat
I am hoping this little treat helps someone. I know...
sameboat
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov
Hi Everyone, How are you doing this week so far? I...
mcpeg
Sponsored Products
Colorado Rockies Store-Its Drawer
$9.99 | zulily
Arteriors Home - Yasmin Lamp - 49680
Great Furniture Deal
Progress Lighting P6146-09Wb One-Light Directional
Progress Lighting
Sauganash 1Lt Outdoor Post Lantern a Black
PLFixtures
Orleans Outdoor Loveseat Cover
$109.50 | FRONTGATE
Satco 60W CA-10 Turn-Tip Incandescent Bulb - E12 Base, 120V
LBC Lighting
Carmine Table Clock by David Scherer
$166.95 | Bellacor
Rust Square Sided Lamp Shade 5x10x9 (Spider)
$29.99 | Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™