Has anyone heard of

cutiepatootieOctober 29, 2003

the the dinner party menu that the guests pick from a selection of fun made up names. For example the menu has about 12 made up names and the guests pick their personal selections for each course. They could be eating ice cream with their knife for the first course and on down the line. I can't find anything on the net but I have heard of this. Please help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stephmc72

How funny you should mention this....my mom did this for my birthday party when I was about 10 years old (I'm now 31) and I completely forgot about it until my mom reminded me last week. I now remember it and it was so fun.

In my case, what she did was gave all the foods a name of an animal. She had stuff like spaghetti, garlic bread, apple sauce, ice cream, etc. Even the utensils got names. She then had the kids pick out 2 animals for their first course, and whatever food was the animal they picked is what they got. Then they picked 2 more, and so on.....

Some people ended up having applesauce and a straw, funny stuff like that. It is fun....

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 1:59AM
jenni_ca

Steph I remember you kids had a great time with that!
I told DianaL about it and thought it might be fun for Breannas birthday party last week.
I haven't heard if she did it or not.
Never thought of doing it for adults. That would be really fun!!

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 8:42AM
minnie_tx

I remember someone posting about it around a year ago. I'll have to look up my files and see if I saved it. It sounded great.

Bookmark   December 28, 2003 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Mosquito problem
Our house is on 7 wooded acres; the mosquito problem...
cheerful1_gw
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™