Wake Up Call for Women

blueheronOctober 20, 2005

Oprah had Dr. Mehmet Oz on yesterday who talked about healthy hearts. He wrote the book, "Owner's Manual" about taking care of your body. I haven't read it but I plan to.

Anyway, he stressed the benefits of healthy eating and exercising to keep the body at optimum weight and condition. I am so glad I started WW a few weeks ago. He said that apple shape (big waist) was the most dangerous for heart attacks and that pear shapes (big rear ends) were at less risk. Well, our family has the apple shape when we gain weight!

He also said that if your waist was more than 35," you were at the danger level for heart attack. Eeek! My waist was 35" when I measured it a few weeks ago. I have lost five pounds since then and I hope the waist will start to shrink, too.

Let's do it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

I saw the show too and was impressed with the way the doc presented the info....I too measured the waist/LOL I should say BELLY.....and am currently down to just below 35...from God knows what cause it was so big I didn't measure cause I didn't want to know.....

I am so tired of having to watch my food intake but all of a sudden I can see and feel the difference and it feels good.....

Bookmark   October 22, 2005 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
Where is everyone?
I was excited to see there was a diet club. I thought...
tripletmom83
Best for a quick weight loss?
I know all the rules(more or less) but if I wanted...
mzmint
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Atkins Diet Treat
I am hoping this little treat helps someone. I know...
sameboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™