fiesta birthday party

dirtchickSeptember 6, 2006

I am wanting to have a surprise (fiesta) birthday party for my sis in law this month (september 06) and I am needing ideas for the menu and games and decoration ideas?? She will be 31 september 18.Any ideas welcome,thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Menu--anything Mexican would be fine--taco's, enchiladas (nice because you can make them up ahead of time, and just pop into the oven), lots of fresh fruit. For dessert, you could do flan, Mexican wedding cakes, Sopapillas (for an easy, 'fake' sopapilla, cut flour tortillas into wedges, brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnnamon/sugar, and bake until crisp). Sangria.

Have you checked Oriental Trading company? They have tons of Fiesta partyware and decorations. You'd probably still have time to order what you needed, if you get right on it.

Of course, you need a pinata for a fiesta. And in summer school, when my cooking class had a fiesta party, we played Bingo in Spanish

Have fun!

Bookmark   September 7, 2006 at 8:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swampwitch

Ditto on Oriental Trading Company!

Can you buy Amy's Cheese Enchiladas (frozen, family pack) where you live? They are REALLY good! If you are serving dinner and it's not too many people, I'd recommend them! I miss them; can't buy them here.

You could also have a "salsa tasting." Buy several different types and put them all out in little bowls with a big bowl of chips.

Here's the recipe for one of my specialities. It's named after my young daughter who refined it to her tastes. The result: adults and kids alike LOVE it! It doesn't matter how much I make, there is never any left over.

Annamaria's Texas Guacamole

2 lbs. ripe avocados
1/4 cup LIME juice
1/4 cup minced red or sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 teas. salt (or to taste but remember chips are salty)

Peel and pit avocados and mash with fork. Add other ingredients (no variations!). Serve with good corn chips. Yum!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Bookmark   September 7, 2006 at 2:41PM
More Discussions
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™