How do I put Splenda in Fitday?

heidihoOctober 6, 2004

I'm trying to learn to use "Fitday" but don't see anything about Splenda. Is it a special food? There's 0% about nutrition on the back of the bag so what do I put down on my fitday chart when I have a spoonful? Thanks for your time and have a very nice evening.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tikanas2

Heidiho,

I use fitday and love it! Splenda has no nutritional value, calories, carbs etc... at all so I don't bother entering it.

Tikanas

Bookmark   October 6, 2004 at 8:36PM
heidiho

Thanks guess I'll do the same.

Bookmark   October 6, 2004 at 9:27PM
Susy

I used it as a special food entry and it gave me the following for 1 cup Splenda Granular------Calories 192, Fat 0, Carbs 48, Protein 0.

If you were just using one little packet, say in your coffee, if probably isn't enough to bother with but I use large amounts (1/4 to 1 cup) in cheesecakes, pies, breads, etc. so the calories and carbs do count. It is the filler added that makes the difference in carbs and calories between granular and the liquid splenda which I can't find. Some people substitute Sugar Free DaVinci syrups which are sweetened with Splenda to cut carbs and calories.

Susy

Bookmark   October 8, 2004 at 6:23PM
heidiho

Thanks for the info Susy. I felt better not knowing this but it's something I really needed to know. No wonder I haven't been doing so well on my "so called" 1500 diet. lol!
Have a nice weekend.

Bookmark   October 9, 2004 at 12:26AM
Tikanas2

I never thought about using it in "mass quantities" but what you say makes sense, Susy.

Tikanas

Bookmark   October 9, 2004 at 12:37AM
Wild_Chicken

1 cup of Splenda granular has 96 calories and 24 grams of carbs, this according to Splenda's official website.

I've attached the link.

I've noticed that FitDay nutritional totals are from little to a LOT "off" many times whne comparing them to the actual package nutritional information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Splenda nutritional info

Bookmark   October 9, 2004 at 9:40AM
Susy

Boy, FitDay really has it high!! I have heard that before. I like the site to put in what I eat each day, to plug in recipes to get the nutritional info. We are doing Protein Power and helps to keep track of carbs and protein, the main things I watch on this WOE.

I was entering ingredients in this morning for Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie. I used the info off of the can of pumpkin which said 50 calories for 1/2 cup. FitDay told me it should be about 28 calories, so that is the number I used. Now that is a lot of difference. But since I am using the site for other things will go with their numbers and make allowances at the end of the day when I know it is off--as with the Splenda.

Thanks for the info---------

Susy

Bookmark   October 9, 2004 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Has anyone ever tried the "Beyond Diet"
I got caught up in the website, I think it took almost...
JoAnn_Fla
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™