jar recipes!

meg1199September 15, 2002

Just bought a sweet little book on "jar" recipes....it came with three cards to cut out per recipe and attach to the jar......all recipes are for 1 quart/1 litre mason jars......anybody have any unique ideas for finishing off the jars, i.e., decorating the lid?? I think they would be a really different gift for my staff for Christmas and I could combine it with other things that are also homemade....

Thanks in advance!!!!

Meg

PS

I realize that these aren't a new idea, I just haven't made them before or received one!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DivaOverhaul2003

How about a pretty christmas ribbon wrapped around the lid and glued. Then a winter scene on top of the lid? You can find cute little trees at the craft store. You can also find little tiny wrapped gifts. I think I've seen them at dollar stores before. They come wrapped in gold, green, silver or red foil with a silver or gold ribbon around them. You could take a few and hot glue them to the top of the lid.

BTW, where did you find that book? Sounds neat. I have a couple of magazines from last Christmas that have a lot of jar recipes in them. I'll check and see if they have any more idea's in them. If they do, I'll post them here:o)

Bookmark   September 16, 2002 at 3:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasper_austin

If you have or know someone who has a vacuum sealer, the jar gift may work out better. A friend gave me a choc. chip cookie jar once, and when I went to bake the cokies, the brown sugar was rock hard and I had to chissel through it to get anything out.

Bookmark   September 17, 2002 at 8:54AM
More Discussions
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
Disappearing Brunch Guest
I'd love to hear your responses. We had a brunch for...
newgardenelf
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
Starting a no shoes rule
I live in New York City and am about to move into a...
jadend
Sponsored Products
14'' Green Ceramic Jar
$17.99 | zulily
Chalk It Up Glass Mason Jar Sippers Set of 4
Classic Hostess
Westinghouse Lamp Shades 5-1/2 in. Polycarbonate Threaded Neck Shade with 3-1/4
$3.97 | Home Depot
David Bromstad "Flowers in a Jar" Artwork II
Grandin Road
Little Harbor Outdoor Pendant by Troy Lighting
$410.00 | Lumens