Excercise videos

PattySeptember 21, 2001

I am awaiting Power90 in the mail. After reading messages that comment on it, I think I will refuse the delivery.

I am a 44 yo female and would like to hear what excercise vidoes are your favorite. Sculpting, aerobic, etc.

Would greatly appreciate this information.

Patty

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swtnnsr_aol_com

Hi Patty, I love the walk away the pounds by Leslie Sansone.

Cathy

Bookmark   September 21, 2001 at 10:21AM
waterlily1010

I am not very advanced so I guess my recommendations are for people at my level!
For Yoga, I use with much fun Yoga Zone (with Al Bingham), Yogasculpt by Karen Voigt and the Yoga tape by Jane Fonda. Yoga is quite a workout but you won't sweat too much.
The Body Workout with Elle McPherson and Karen Voigt is enjoyable, though a bit tough by the end...
Cindy Crawford's tapes are fun too.
If you can find Jenny Garth's workout tape was easy too.

Bookmark   September 21, 2001 at 6:13PM
Qtnae_AOL_com

Leslie Sonsone is by far my favorite. They are easy to follow, and I've gotten the result's I've wanted. I'm back down to my desired weight, and all the old clothes that didn't fit, I'm able to wear again!!

Bookmark   September 21, 2001 at 10:00PM
Jericamom

I'm also going with the "Walk Away the Pounds" set by Leslie Sansone. I just got mine in the mail the other day and I actually look forward to exercising. The exercising and walking make me feel so good.

Bookmark   September 22, 2001 at 12:13AM
jellybean1992_aol_com

I LOVE Denise Austin...I have most of her videos and love them all. kickboxing, Power Yoga, Pilates, 10min abs arms buns thighs...she has everything..and if you can stand her annoying voice, youve got it made!

Bookmark   September 27, 2001 at 10:31AM
coramia_aol_com

I find the best workout videos out there are the firm tapes. I especially like the one instructor Traci Long and any firm video she leads. She is precise and easy to follow and the results are very encouraging with these tapes. Trust me, been through alot of them!!!
Best of Luck

Bookmark   October 1, 2001 at 10:03AM
natalie_iamlost_net

I really enjoy Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos. It's much more fun than ordinary aerobics, and all that kicking and punching makes you feel quite strong and tough!!

Bookmark   October 1, 2001 at 6:12PM
sstidoms_brandywine_net

If you're looking for a short workout i'd definatley recommend Denise Austin. She's energetic and you don't have to stare at some Barbie Doll looking person that's in love with herself. Her personality makes up for the annoying voice that was mentioned in an earlier reply.

If you've got a little more time to spare i'd say try The Firm videos. There are a series of tapes to get you through your different workout needs as you progress. They are aerobics combined with weights. They'll get you skinny and firm at the same time.

Bookmark   October 16, 2001 at 9:13PM
Bridget

In Shape, by Rachel Mclish.Weightlifting.I got mine through CollageVideo.com. I love it.

Bookmark   March 23, 2003 at 7:39PM
NewYorkGardener

Put on Tae-Bo and pretend you are in an action film beating up the bad guys! I love it!

Bookmark   July 28, 2003 at 8:46PM
wanda_illinois

Walk Away the Pounds is my favorite. I probally have 8 of her videos. Very easy to follow and very effective. Denise Austin tapes I would say come in second.

Bookmark   July 29, 2003 at 7:12AM
Belled

I use the Pilates videos from Stott Pilates. They are wonderful! Stott offers a large selection of videos and equipment. You can visit their website and order a catalog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stott Pilates

Bookmark   July 29, 2003 at 11:22PM
kathyg7777

I have many workout tapes. I'm currently doing The Firm with the Fanny Lifter (a killer). I get all my videos thru CollageVideo.com. I like it because the staff reviews them and they're marked with "Staff Favorites" (which I have found to be reliable), as well as posting reviews of actual people who have purchased and used them.

I like TammiLee Webb "I Want Those Arms", "I Want Those Abs" and "I Want Those Buns". I also have Denise Austin Shortcuts and alternate those in. Winsor Pilates I'm having a hard time with...I'm not sure I like them. My problem is no matter how much I like a tape, I get bored easily so that's why I have so many so I can keep switching around.

Bookmark   August 8, 2003 at 3:52PM
minivanmom

The Firm. The tapes, especially the older ones from the late 80's & early nineties are tough and simply terrific. Even the newest ones are pretty good. I have lost 12 lbs and a few inches with them. However, I am also seriously watching what I eat while I exercise.

Bookmark   October 14, 2003 at 6:40AM
Sunshine

How about Pilates on the Total Gym? I think I need to hear recommendations before I buy the extra equipment ($385.00 USD)Might be much ado about nothing.
Sunshine

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™