Thanksgiving in New England

suziekSeptember 21, 2002

Instead of eating at my house this year, we have to drive because my son doesn't have the time off. I live in NE Maine and he lives in Connecticut. we want to meet someplace in NH or MA or CT. I can drive further because I have more time. I've been searching the internet but no luck so far. I thought about Sturbridge, but my son said his friends didn't recommend it. I'd prefer to stay out of Boston or the city and go somewhere not too far west from Rt. 395. Does anyone out there have any ideas? We want to stay over weds and thurs also, but doesn't have to be the same place as dinner, and not too expensive.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susan_in_nc

Have you looked at some of the bed and breakfast places in RI? Newport has a lot of them.

Bookmark   September 22, 2002 at 8:44AM
MoAtWork

I agree with Susan. There are a lot of great places in RI. Some are listed here: www.oso.com

Here is a link that might be useful: RI info

Bookmark   September 25, 2002 at 9:57AM
mansurfamily

Your son's friends didn't recommend Sturbride? My husband and I ate there 3 years ago and STILL REMEMBER WHAT WE ATE! It was a buffet of authentic, traditional and superb choices. All down-home colonial style foods, the way Thanksgiving should be celebrated!

The location, the atmosphere, lots of places to stay nearby, it's perfect.....I'd ask your son to reconsider.

Bookmark   September 25, 2002 at 7:32PM
nhsuzanne

The Monadnock Region of SW New Hampshire is really lovely. There are many historic inns and lots of people come for Thanksgiving weekends. From here we are only about 2 hours from Hartford. If interested, e-mail me and I will send you some links.

Bookmark   September 26, 2002 at 8:05AM
livvyandbella

The Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, Ma.

Bookmark   October 11, 2002 at 7:55AM
lindac

Is the Yankee Peddler still in Southampton Mass? or the Williams Inn in Williamstown?
Linda c

Bookmark   October 12, 2002 at 11:11PM
Laurenk88

Why not go to Plimouth Plantation.

Bookmark   October 24, 2002 at 2:21PM
More Discussions
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
Starting a no shoes rule
I live in New York City and am about to move into a...
jadend
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™