baby shower invitations.

lgranson11August 6, 2007

I am having a baby shower and need help for finding the best place to buy personalized baby shower invitations. Does anayone has some suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

There are several stores near where I live that will make invitations for you. Any place that does wedding invitations will make shower invitations too. or you can do it yourself on your computer.
Linda C

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 12:19AM
gellchom

I have had really good luck making invitations on my computer with the blank card papers they have at Kinko's (I am sure Target and other places have similar products). You can get them full sheet (8 1/2 x 11), or two or four to a sheet, with all kinds of borders; you may want one with a baby theme, or just flowers or geometrics -- it's fun to choose. They have matching envelopes. I wouldn't do it for a formal invitation, but for a baby shower, it would be fine. It's a lot cheaper and faster than ordering printed invitations, but you do need to budget some of your own time.

Allow yourself lots of time to get the alignment right. Keep printing drafts on plain paper, holding it up to the light with the card stock behind it to make sure you have the text where you want it and the color you chose looks nice, before printing, so you don't waste any cards.

I have found that it is MUCH easier if you choose a card with a border that is even all the way around, especially if you chose one that has two or four to a card. You will save a lot of time on getting the alignment right if you aren't trying to figure out how to avoid a picture in one corner or a flower that sticks out here and there.

Have fun.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 10:07AM
lydia1959

I've made them on my computer..but if you want to buy - take a look on eBay. There are some very cute ones at reasonable prices. I bought my DD's graduation party ones from a seller there and it ended up costing about the same as if I'd made them myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a super cute one!

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 4:10PM
sharon_fl

Though a little pricey to mail (I hand delivered those that I could)...I typed the inserts with the shower info on them, then bought the preemy diapers and inserted the info sheet inside the diaper. Using acrylic paints-printed "You're Invited" on the outside of the diaper & hot glueded a cake deco safety pin (diaper pin) on a satin ribbon. Mailed these in a small brown mailing envelope which I sponge painted in the color theme, before addressing them.

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 9:28AM
More Discussions
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Tipping a Personal Chef
I've been given a gift of having a personal chef come...
msbrandywinevalley
Questions about Murder/Mystery Games
Please tell me more about Murder/Mystery Games (apparently...
bizzybee
4 letter words
We will be playing with only 4 letter words.One should...
kushy28
Disappearing Brunch Guest
I'd love to hear your responses. We had a brunch for...
newgardenelf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™