fundraiser

graceAugust 30, 2002

Planning a fundraiser to raise funds for a friend who lost her home to a fire. ANY IDEAS?! TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grace

sorry should give more info..we're planning a dance..hopefully getting buisnesses around her town to donate..hall, booze, food etc.

Bookmark   August 30, 2002 at 7:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
prairie_rose

How about a silent auction of some really nice prizes? and if you get enough prize donations, you can have an auction during the dance. One of the pubs here does that for the Santa Claus fund every year and raises thousands.
If it is a small town, where everyone knows everyone else well, you could have a vote for ( every vote costs $1) the best garden, the best teacher, the best butt, the nicest hair. etc.
In stead of having it catered, why not have a box social, where all the women bring a really nice picnic for two, the boxes they bring them in are decorated, and all the gentlemen bid on the boxes. The highest bid wins. In the old days, the gentleman was to eat the lunch with the lady who made it, but you could decide the buyer eats supper with his own lady.

My cousins lost their house to fire, so I know your friends loss. Good luck and God Speed.

Bookmark   August 30, 2002 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™