Ideas for Dad's 80th birthday brunch

compumomAugust 16, 2003

I'm giving a brunch for about 30 people to celebrate my dad's 80th next Sunday.

It will be in the garden and buffet style. I'm planning to serve a blintz souffle, a hashed browned casserole, fruit platter, fish platter (from the deli), creamed cheese, bagels and tiny chicken and apple sausages. For dessert I'm thinking a birthday cake and cookie platter. Can you add or change anything? Most guests are above 50 and half are 70-80ish.

I've ordered umbrella tables, pretty chairs and need to check another place for linens or I will order the solid colors from the rental place.

I'm using stainless silverware and nice plastic plates, cups etc. I'm trying to hire a magician to do close up magic tricks for entertainment. I'll put the stereo on with soft music for background.

Can you suggest anything else? I would like to do a clever favor but can't think of anything. I'd love some ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vera123

Sounds like you have everything covered. Really I'm sure it will be just lovely & maybe you can do personalized bookmarks or maybe even a fall bulb wrapped in some tulle netting with a ribbon & a tag indicating the date of the celebration & to plant a memory or something? I'm sure I've seen sayings to attach on tags for bulbs somewhere.
Vera

Bookmark   August 17, 2003 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower

: ) the only thing I can think of is to make sure that some of the desserts are diabetic-friendly without being overt about it...no one likes being reminded to watch their diet at a party- but I've seen my dad get pretty loopy from all the sugar at oh, his retirement party!

Bookmark   October 6, 2003 at 11:42AM
More Discussions
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Mosquito problem
Our house is on 7 wooded acres; the mosquito problem...
cheerful1_gw
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™