Good exercise music please? MP3 suggestions?

don_na_naAugust 5, 2005

hello everyone,

I was wondering what music would be good to work out to. What are your favorite songs to listen to while doing your exercises?

Also do any of you have any suggestions about your favorite type of MP3 players?

Thank you ,

Don_na_na

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

If you walk, marching band music is great. You just have to walk to the beat! No choice!

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 10:27PM
heather_on

Good question. I'd like to know too. "Flashdance" and "Gloria" are two that come to mind that I like. Also "Let's get physical" is good. I also like Neil Diamond's "America".

I have a SanDisk MP3 player. Not one with a large capacity, it only holds about 60 songs (4 hours worth) but it does quite nicely. The quality of the music is good and the earphones are comfortable. It is very easy to load and delete songs.....copy and paste technique. My twins' ipod is a little more complicated to use. She has a better one with a large memory card and wanted to put her songs in directories. It took awhile for she and her DH to figure it out.

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 11:17PM
Aesop

I think it depends on what you do. If I'm doing weights, I don't like to listen to any music as I'm focusing on lifting. However, I find cardio boring so I like to either watch t.v. or listen to music. This isn't pure music, but for cardio, I find that using one of the Cardio Coach mp3s really speeds the time away. I have a Sanyo MP3 player, which is nice in that it's expandable (has a 512MB flash, plus a spot for a SD (I think) card. However, I am lusting after an IPOD shuffle, so I can download from itunes.

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 10:41AM
fila297

Check this out - www.championo2cool.com - they've got playlists set up by professional trainers, and you can search on lists submitted by members for different excercise types. Would ya'll mind downloading your playlists there since you have lots of good ideas! Thanks.

Bookmark   September 12, 2006 at 3:07PM
laurenk88_pa

the Best of Janet Jackson works for me....her ab's are an inspiration

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 4:10PM
wrendora

Believe it or not. I love to listen to enya while working out on the treadmill and bike. because i can close my eyes (if i hold on) and zone out. And sorta like meditate and walk at the sametime. And when i open my eyes i see 10 minutes has gone by. While circut training i listen to up up-beat music, like Rihanna, Fergy, or stuff like that

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 2:15PM
foosacub

I like techno and metal... if I'm listening to music, I'm usually trying to force myself to keep a steady tempo.

My mp3 player isn't my first choice for recreational use, but for the gym, it's pretty good. It's about 1"x2", maybe 1/3" thick, and came with a comfortable armband that I'll actually use. It's a Creative Zen player, 1G (about $85) - which is plenty for me, I keep all my files on my h/d and mix them up when I feel the need.

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 2:36PM
booradley

Benny Goodman. I like to walk to it and the music puts a smile on my face.

Bookmark   January 27, 2007 at 2:00AM
dglex626

oh I'm more hardcore as far as my music.
I have rage against the machine, white zombie, white stripes (7 nation army really gets me moving), some jane's addiction, supernova, a little bit of pantara etc...

Bookmark   February 4, 2007 at 11:11AM
gypsyjanelowe

try scorpions, queen, or themes from rocky, the movie, they're hilarious and make you feel you're in some wacky movie

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 3:44AM
awm03

I've rediscovered Canned Heat. They were a sixties "boogie band." Even on those evenings when I'm too tired to exercise, I can listen to Canned Heat and do 45 minutes on the elliptical just because their music's so much fun to work out to.

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Sponsored Products
Florence Style Loft Loveseat and Sofa Leather 2 Piece Set in Tan
$1,799.00 | LexMod
Beragamo Black Shade Plug-In Style Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Uttermost 26486-1 Morrone Ribbed Light Amber Glass Table Lamp
Littman Bros Lighting
Swimming Fish Salt & Pepper Shakers
$7.99 | zulily
Hinkley Lighting | Brantley 3 Light Bath Bar
$189.00 | YLighting