Enough already!

daisychain01March 16, 2014

We had maybe 2 days of fairly reasonable temperatures then it plummeted again and now this - another 5 inches of snow falling.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

I work for the school system, so if it means another day off I say bring on the snow!

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 9:21PM
Jamie

Oh boy. I have been assuming it was about over. 5 inches doesn't sound like a March last hurrah to me.

Ugh.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 9:25PM
lascatx

I love your neighborhood, even with the snow! My car is dusted with yellow pine pollen, so spring is coming to a town near you soon. Hang in there!

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 9:42PM
daisychain01

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. We are jumping on a plane for Mexico in 6 days. It some how feels better knowing that we have booked a warm weather trip during the coldest winter we can remember. If we had nice weather here, it would seem a waste.

Joanie, I'm a teacher, but because our school is in the middle of the city and this weather is pretty much par for the course in this part of the country, we never get snow days :(

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 10:48PM
Sueb20

I know what you mean. It was 50 degrees here on Sat. and I swear I could SMELL spring -- I actually saw people seated outdoors in front of a cafe, eating lunch -- and now it's 20. Grrr.

I'm tired of fleece and boots.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 8:04AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I sat out on the deck the other day even though it was only 40...I just needed some fresh air and sunshine. I'm so sick of winter. DH and I will be heading to the orchid show soon...besides all the beautiful flowers, it's so nice to walk through a tropical environment this time of year.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 8:23AM
chispa

It was sunny, dry and mid 80s here in Southern CA this weekend. Will be 70s this week. The lowest overnight lows this winter were around 40F.

I moved from the Northeast so I know the feeling of endless winter very well ... do not miss it at all. I also quickly appreciated the lack of humidity and bugs in the CA summers. CA has many issues but the near perfect weather seems to quickly make up for most of them!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 11:07AM
happy2b…gw

Snow day number 10 here. Although fun, unfortunately snow days come at a cost. The big questions in my area are how many days, if any, need to be made up at the end of the year or will the school day be extended. The state makes the decision about having to make up days. Sometimes some are pardoned. The local school systems decide how to make up the time lost. Four snow days are built into the calendar year. To have 10 snow days is very unexpected. The school website explains that the school year will be extended 5 days in the event of 9 snow days. The loss of instructional days is problematic for teachers and students to complete the curriculum, especially those taking high school and AP courses before the final exam. It puts a lot of pressure on them and loads up the work. The exam schedule is not adjusted. To exacerbate the issue for middle school students taking a high school course of whom there are many, instructional days were also sacrificed to state testing which took place this month.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 12:14PM
gibby2015

Freezing rain today, slushy snow tomorrow - much as I've had enough that isn't unusual for MN in March. I'll tolerate it through March but come April.....things better change!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 1:29PM
bethpen

Even I'm over it...and I make money at ski resorts. :) I think the thing that is getting me is that it has been so relentless. Usually we get a bit of a reprieve sometime in February. I feel like we never got that this year.

We were thinking today could be a great day at the Ski Mountains, as most of them have reduced prices and fun events. Usually the weather is decent. Today I think the median temp is about 15 between our three places. That's not going to get the college kids to skip school!

Beth P.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 1:54PM
suero

I am so ready for Spring!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 3:01PM
dedtired

Highs in the 60's on Saturday and woke up to about 3 inches of snow this morning. We were only supposed to get dusting. Just yesterday I stood at my front window and thought how wonderful it was to look out and not see snow! I even see buds on the trees and some of my bulbs are up, poor bables.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 6:42PM
cyn427

We woke up to seven inches of snow. Ugh. I will be in school until July. Ready for Spring!

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 7:02PM
denali2007

Yes, school til July! The kids are so off the wall with them having no routine. Today we had a 2 hour delay.

This weekend a friend and I went up to Longwood Gardens for their Orchid Display and Blue Poppies. It was so amazing to walk in there and get hit with the smell of Spring.

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 6:30PM
suero

It's snowing again! No fair!

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 3:53PM
suero

March 30 and snow again! When will it ever end?

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 4:43PM
cyn427

Snow AND ice. Ridiculous. I am so done with this.

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 5:59PM
daisychain01

They are predicting another snow storm for tomorrow. Even the fact that I just got back from 7 days in Merida (100+ temps) doesn't make this any better.

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 9:49PM
kitschyKitch

My goodness, where are you? That's full on snow.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
$14 Million with room air conditioners
But a spectacular view of Central Park. It would probably...
suero
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
Front door color advice
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™