Teen won't eat fruits/vegetables regularly

Carlotta_BullAugust 22, 2002

I'm at my wits end with my daughter. The only vegetables she likes are corn, broccoli & occasionally salad. She eats fruits better, but seems burned out on everything. I think it's summer doldrums.

She takes a multivitamin daily.

I've seen fruit & vegetable tablets. Are these a legitimate replacement for the periods she goes through when she refuses to eat anything but protein & starches?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BombShelle

Ask her doctor. If they're legit, they certainly can't hurt. If she'll only eat a few different vegetables, just continue to serve them, maybe in different recipes. Here is a recipe that my family loves and so has everyone else who's ever tried it.

Tons of veggies of your choice...I use zuchini, summer squash, mushrooms,carrots, peppers, eggplant, or any other veggies I have on hand.

onion, garlic, 1 can chicken broth, 1 can diced tomatoes undrained, juice of 1/2 lemon, approx 2tsp. dried basil, chopped spinach or escarole.

Saute veggies, onion and garlic in small amount of oil (approx 2 Tbsp). When they begin to soften, add chicken broth, basil, lemon juice and tomatoes and bring to boil. Lower to simmer, add about 6oz chopped spinach or escarole. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. That's it! Add your favorite cooked pasta, about 1/2-3/4 pound, and sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese if you'd like.

If you want to add meat, try either grilled chicken cubed or some nice spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled. (about 1/2-3/4 pound). This is a full meal with tons of flavor, it's healthy and it's packed with veggies.

Bookmark   August 22, 2002 at 11:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carlotta_Bull

I asked my peditrician when DD had her physical today. He said they're vitamins.

Bookmark   August 30, 2002 at 12:32AM
More Discussions
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™