Picking out walking shoes...

Vickey__MNAugust 21, 2003

Okay I know this has been asked, and I know different shoes are better for different feet (I can't wear Nike's..they don't feel comfortable on my arch), so my question really is..when I find a pair that's comfortable at the store (and I walk around in them as much as I can in the store), my arch tends to hurt when I do any kind of "normal" walking of any distance in the real world. Any suggestions?

Vickey-MN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathyg7777

Vickey -

Do you have problems with your arches; i.e., fallen arches or very high arches?

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 10:17AM
Vickey__MN

As far as I know I have no problems with my arches...just big feet (size 12 womens, that makes it difficult in itself), and Mens the arches usually don't feel right.

Vickey-MN

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 10:20AM
notenoughroses

Do you have a good running store in your area? If you do, I would go there - be prepared to spend more money - but they can help you get a shoe with a great fit. Some even have tracks around the store so you can try out the shoes before buying. ~ Suzie

Bookmark   August 21, 2003 at 2:23PM
jenn

I love my New Balance walking shoes, model 755. They are sturdy construction, have a large toe box, and have a rocker bar (I think that's what it is called) across the instep. I have high arches and wear orthotics and I love these shoes from the first time I walked in them in the store. I'm on my second pair now. They cost a bit (about $85) but are worth it.

Bookmark   August 22, 2003 at 11:02AM
dances_in_garden

I have a high instep, which makes most shoes feel too tight around and make my arches hurt after a few minutes. My feet get sore and tired quickly. Also, they get fire hot! Since my back surgery I find I am even less tolerant of tightness, rubbing, or warm temps regarding my feet.

Then I found these:

I call them my "air conditioned" shoes because of the cut-outs all around and the sandal back. The back strap is soft, stretchy enough that it doesn't feel binding but firm enough to keep your foot from sliding around. The interior is moulded and gives good arch support without squeezing at the instep. The soles are formed nicely too, to get a nice walking roll. These were from Walmart, Bum Equipment, design called Bogdan. These are Tan, they also come in White (with light blue accents) and I think darker blue but I am not sure. I have two pairs, I keep the Tan for outside walking and the white/blue for inside workouts (like when I go to Curves or do my stretching tape).

Bookmark   September 1, 2003 at 4:45PM
bulldinkie

The dr always told me to go with running shoes more support.

Bookmark   September 1, 2003 at 4:55PM
More Discussions
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™