alternative cardio exercise

MimiiJuly 18, 2002

I used to go to a gym and use an elyptical/crosstrainer that I loved. About a month ago, I hurt my foot, and I can't put sneakers on anymore, or put too much pressure on my foot. I've also started a new job, where I spend 9 hrs a day in a chair. As a result, I've gained weight. What can I do to get back to my health weight without further damaging my foot?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KathyOGabby

Hi Mimii! Check with your doctor of course--you may find that you can use a stationary bike. Swimming is wonderful too but of course you have to have access to a pool. Hope your foot feels better+heals quickly for you. KathyO

Bookmark   July 18, 2002 at 7:57PM
trekaren

I am also in a deskjob. I have started doing isometric exercises at my desk, like Kegels, and I also do a lot of little foot raises, because my knees were weak, and I needed to strengthen that little set of muscles in the thigh right above the knee.

Swimming was my first instinct also, for an idea for you. The cardio I get in a few laps, exceeds what I get at the gym, yet I stay cool, and there is no stress on the joints.

Bookmark   July 19, 2002 at 8:49AM
heather_on

Could you try using a Schwinn bike and using the arms only. I found at these when I was having physiotherapy on my frozen shoulder. I couldn't reach the pedals on their bike well because I am vertically challenged. I used it with my arms only and found that I did lose some weight.

Bookmark   July 19, 2002 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
Sponsored Products
Three-Arm Floor Towel Stand
Signature Hardware
Essentials Down Alternative Comforter
Grandin Road
Replacement Fan Blades & Arms: Westinghouse White and Bleached Oak Reversible Fa
$14.67 | Home Depot
8-1/2 ft. Xtend & Climb 750P Ladder
$129.50 | FRONTGATE
Medley Hairhide Rug 5'3" x 7'5" - BRINDLE
$1,589.00 | Horchow
Moda Rectangle Lace Chrome Six-Light 38-Inch Island Pendant with Swarovski Stras
Bellacor
Signature Fabric Vertical Blinds. Free Samples and Shipping!
Blinds.com
Black Magic Crystal and Pearl 19" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™