bike frame

joe_mnJuly 31, 2009

I bike on paved trails and my mtn bike is very uncomfortable. its a nice quality bike but the frame is too cramped for me. i want a hybrid/comfort bike and notice that all the bikes in a certain model share the same geometry but step up with better parts. crank, shifters, wheels. but in the end they all fit the same. i figure try a cheaper unit and if i really like it, i can always sell it in a short time and get most of my money back. i am cheap also. besides, a new bike is good for your mood.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Oh yeah! Anything that keeps you rolling along.

Not sure about getting "most of my money back" though. No one will pay nearly full price for a used bike.

Do you buy from a bike shop? You said you are cheap, so maybe you buy from Walmart where no one can advise you. Maybe you should try a good bike shop and go for a medium priced bike which you probably will like since you had shopping help.

Just my 2 cents.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 9:20PM
joe_mn

i have searched high and low for a (used)new style frame and nothing is out there. you walk into a bike shop and mention walmart and they laugh at you. i am pretty sure if i get a bike shop bike i could sell it with no trouble for pretty good money. or maybe buy a mid bike and keep it.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 10:29PM
socks

Well...don't say the word "Walmart" when you go in the bike shop! LOL!

Anyway, good luck on your search. It's so important to have a bike you are comfortable with--really enhances the pleasure of riding.

Bookmark   August 4, 2009 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
Is it okay to drink coffee while on green juice fast?
Planning to do this green juice fast,veggie juicing...
starraffy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™