Diet to eliminate varicose veins

cupajoeJuly 6, 2006

I am wondering if there are foods that help with this problem.I am not overweight,don't smoke ,don't drink too much.I am also currently uninsured,but faver a more natural approach to health any way.I started seeing a few veins in my teens.I am now in mid forties and would be embarressed to wear shorts if it weren't so dang hot down here.Any sugestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

I don't think you can eliminate them by diet but certainly you should be able to improve the condition. Did you do a Google search...there is a ton of info on the web about diet and varicose veins...start one the link below but do a search because there is a wealth of info...

Here is a link that might be useful: check this one out.

Bookmark   July 10, 2006 at 11:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anathema

Try mid-weight compression knee highs. I just had to buy them for hypotension. they won't fix what veins you have now, but they can help prevent your legs from getting worse.Varicose veins occur when the valves in your legs allow the blood to pool. These stockings prevent that pool-up. I got mine at a medical supply store for $41.I'm sorry I didn't buy them years ago.My legs feel so much better and they are vein-free for a little while after I remove the stockings.They don't stay that way, but for a little while I remember what they used to look like! There;s also a supplement you can take that is suppose to help. Horse chestnut, I think. Never tried it, but you can research it.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™