MBT sneakers tone legs?

country_in_the_cityJune 5, 2005

I also put this question out to the beauty forum, but maybe someone on the exercise and nutrition forum will be more likely to have the answer. Has anyone tried the $200+ MBT sneakers? They are supposed to tone your legs and butt, but they are butt ugly! (-;

They have a convex, built up sole that makes you constantly have to be aware of your balance even when you are standing still. The name, Masai Barefoot Technology, comes from some tribe in Africa. The swiss design is supposedly modeled after their gate, but I read some opinions that ballyhooed the whole shoe/african tribe connection.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
downtowner

I have them. I like them.

The London Times is the source of the rumor they fight cellulite. The NYTimes says that is a medical imipossibility. The NYTimes quotes a representative of the Masai as saying that among the Masai only the women and children go barefoot.

I'd say give them a try in the store. If they feel good to you give them a try. I googled everything about them, and any fitness studies show only a microscopic effect. I do like the gait they give me.

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™