Juice diet

shymilfromchiOctober 24, 2012

I have a virus that has made it impossible to eat. It has lodged in my tongue and is very painful. So, until it can be alleviated, I have put myself on a juice diet.

We got in a large variety of fruits and vegetables and bought a juicer. I have an eight ounce glass of juice four or five times a day. I can force the juice down. It doesn't always taste good if I get the wrong mixture. I put in all kinds of green leafy vegetables, bokchoy, broccoli, tomato, carrots, ginger, or anything else that I want. Sometime its all fruit, apples, pears, kiwis, berries of all kinds and that is delicious. Protein powder can be added too.

What I didn't know until I started researching the juice diet, is that it detoxifies the body. My weight is falling off dramatically. The claim is that, as fat is lost, it doesn't leave the body saggy. The detoxing can have symptoms, tiredness, backache, and other stuff while the detoxing is going on, but then you get more energy.

There are two kinds of people who can do well on the juice diet, those who like vegetables, and those who like vegetables and also some meat. People who require a lot of meat protein shouldn't use this diet.

I expected to be miserable with only the juice, but I have lost my taste for sugar, and can watch my husband have a big meal without any desire to join him. I feel healthier than I did before the diet.

I felt compelled to try this diet or starve, but I'm loving what its doing for my body. To keep the weight down, it will require you to eat raw fruits and vegetables along with your meals after you finish the juice diet. If anyone is interested in it, research it first. There is a lot of information about it on the Internet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Konrad___far_north

I'm glad it works for you and you're right about the meat, some need more then others. One always hear that red meat is not good for you, ..I was very easy on meat for a while but I didn't feel good, now I'm back to my normal, [moderation], lot's of apple and cherry juice since I have my own organic..wonderful!

Hopefully you can eat solids again.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 1:05AM
More Discussions
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Has anyone ever tried the "Beyond Diet"
I got caught up in the website, I think it took almost...
JoAnn_Fla
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
Sponsored Products
Citrus Tool Set
$9.99 | zulily
Cool Calm Lotion & No Regrets Soap Set
$9.99 | zulily
Meyer Lemon Infusion Syrup
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
Vegetable Pigment Beet Art Print
$23.99 | Dot & Bo
Sandusky Lockers 66 in. H 2-Tier Welded Steel Storage Locker in Grape Juice
Home Depot