WANTED: 'Home is Where the Heart Is' ribbon (pic)

lurblueVaJanuary 3, 2005

I was making a hooded baby bath towel and ran out of the ribbon themed "Home is Where the Heart Is". I only need 27 inches and was so sad to learn it is no longer available where I purchased it and I cannot find a supplier. Does anyone have any extra of this polyester ribbon? Here is what it looks like:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donna_loomis

Can you remember what store you purchase it at? If it is a large chain and there is one in my city, I wouldn't mind looking there for you.

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 11:39AM
lurblueVa

Yes, I bought it at Michael's. I have contacted Offray who manufactured this ribbon and they no longer carry it, either. It is called Gear Kids III, Primary Gear, #1451, 7/8", 23MM, 100% polyester. Thanks.

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 12:32PM
donna_loomis

Lurblue, I will see if I can by our local Michael's tonight or tomorrow and check it out for you.

Bookmark   January 5, 2005 at 4:51PM
donna_loomis

Lurblue, no luck at the Michael's by where I work. I have another two to check closer to my house. I will let you know.

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 12:57AM
donna_loomis

I'm sorry, Lurblue. I checked two more Michael's and a Walmart and a Joanne's (they also carry Offray ribbon) and no luck at all.

Bookmark   January 8, 2005 at 7:40PM
lurblueVa

Thanks so much for all your effort, Donna. Loretta

Bookmark   January 13, 2005 at 8:35AM
SheenaB

Hi,
I was browsing this forum a week or so ago and read your post. Well today I was looking in a material shop and saw the ribbon you are after. BUT, I am in Australia so if you still want some, I'm happy to send some on. They also had it in the pastels and an alphabet to match.
If you still need it, and are happy to wait a week or so until the kids are back at school, just email me at jsbryce@bigpond.net.au.
Sheena - Australia

Bookmark   January 15, 2005 at 4:45AM
lurblueVa

Thanks, SheenaB, I sent you an email today with my mailing information. I am so excited that you found this ribbon! What company carries it? Loretta

Bookmark   January 22, 2005 at 11:44AM
lurblueVa

Here's the finished hooded baby bath towel. It is being mailed to my husband's cousin in Connecticut today for their baby boy. I had about a foot of ribbon left over after stitching the strip needed to complete the right-hand length. Thanks again, SheenaB!

Bookmark   October 18, 2005 at 10:11AM
Red_Confetti

You did a masterful job on that cute little bath robe, Loretta.

I am just absolutely amazed at the wonders of forums like this and the Internet... that you could request a bit of ribbon from your home in Virginia and get it from Sheena in Australia!! How wonderful!!

Bookmark   October 18, 2005 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Jewelry and fiber old subscription magazines
Hi looking for free used Subscription magazines on...
rozutah
wanted: fiber craft's fcm433
Looking for the booklet FCM433 Mrs Claus Air Freshener...
rosemary1786
WANTED: Bucilla , Lasetta, etc. Easy Weave afghan patterns
I am interested in trading afghan or pillow weaving...
lauralex
WANTED: Supersize Barbie
Hi there everyone How are you guys doing? I recently...
pbissoondial29
wanted: fibre craft kitchen granny fcm471 crochet pattern
Willing to trade for this pattern. I have thousands...
knottyhooker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™