green tea for weight loss

cheesecurlgurlJune 7, 2009

Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight? I need to lose about five pounds that has hung on for dear life for YEARS now. I started drinking green tea, two mugs a day,just because it's healthier than my regular tea. My BMI went from 28% to 25%. The funny thing is that I did nothing different.I still ate the same and still exercised daily. I lost two inches on my hips almost immediately.Has anyone else had results like these? It is just so weird. I just wish I could lose the belly fat. THAT didn't budge, of course! Well, it's only been a few weeks.I'll remain optimistic.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magnell11

Green tea contains catechins which essentially raise your metabolism so that your body burns off more fat than it normally would. Green tea has properties in it that help soothe your body naturally, but it is also very relaxing to sip on a cup of warm or hot tea while watching nature or simply spending time in silence.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 3:25PM
healthynic

There are many other great reasons to drink green tea, aside from it's potential weight loss capabilities green tea helps reduce cholesterol, which can in turn reduce heart disease and lower blood pressure.

There are some quite studies into this, some of the results are indifferent, it's important to get the context of the studies before making any judgement as to whether it will work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: A good quality review

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 9:39AM
WhiteRabbit9

Green tea is great to drink because it may have a metabolism boosting effect and has no calories (as long as you don't add milk, sugar or sweeteners to it). It's full of antioxidants too. Basically, don't rely on green tea to lose weight, but instead use it as a replacement to other non-healthy drinks (soda!). And remember, the best thing you can drink to lose weight is lots and lots of water!!

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 10:26AM
youlovebeingfit.com

Wu-Yi Diet control tea comes highly recommended, it's organic and has added Garcinia Cambogia for appetite suppression. Belly fat is hard to lose, but that is purely down to diet, exercise will not get rid of it. just remember if you put in more than you burn off your weight will increase.

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 11:02AM
tedred

Green tea has epigallocatechin gallate and it acts as a natural fat burner in addition to regulating stress and inhibiting the activity of cancer cells. Cafeinne is also a potent fat burner although it works indirectly by making more energetic throughout the day and allowing you to move around and burn some more calories. I find caffeine especially effective when dieting because calorie deficit simply makes you weaker and slows down your metabolism. Caffeine can give you the boost you need. Black tea is also rich in caffeine so it can also help burn more calories. That said, green tea has many extra health-related benefits.

Bookmark   October 13, 2014 at 1:55PM
neil.corrigan12

Green tea is a good addition to your diet. I've been drinking green tea for a while now and I noticed some difference to my overall health already. It's true that it improved my metabolism and I noticed that I feel more relaxed. This is probably because I get to sleep better on most nights now too.

Bookmark   November 11, 2014 at 8:27PM
elleau

Green tea gives wonderful benefits. It is an antioxidant, it reduces cholesterol and stress due to its relaxing effect. It also aids to weight loss. But don't drink just the same flavour every single day. Drink chamomile, peppermint, strawberry flavoured, etc tea.

Bookmark   January 21, 2015 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Sponsored Products
Hand-knotted Multicolored Borough Wool Rug (2' x 3')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™