How do I get rid of this?

josigirl_wiJune 6, 2004

I call it the dreaded "cheese roll" because it seems more prominate in the Midwest. It's the fat roll that is above your waist and below your breasts. I marvel at women that don't have it! It seems thin women can have it as well has heavier women. I think heredity has something to do with it but has anyone ever been successful of getting rid of it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathyg7777

My whole abdominal region is my worst area. I've tried many different exercise tapes and the one that I am finding is the most effective is called Great Abs Guaranteed. You can find it on www.beachbody.com It's a very short tape but if you do it consistently, you will see the difference!

Bookmark   June 8, 2004 at 2:50PM
joann23456

And of course everyone needs regular aerobic activity. Although it doesn't target specific areas, it's the best at getting rid of excess fat overall.

Bookmark   June 14, 2004 at 2:32AM
chinacat_sunflower

my mom's got it in spades- in her case, I think it's from years of training that wasp-waist of hers and getting fat over that framework...

I never had her waist line (but then mom's 5'2, I'm 5'7, she was 105 in her prime and 140 now- I was 140 at puberty, 160 in my prime, and a good 40 pounds over that now) but even now, I have a belly, but not that roll.

part of it is that so many women wear clothes that pinch right at the waise, and make what should be a small nuisance into a nasty-looking mess-

I have a friend who's half my weight and size... she's a ten who squeezes herself into 8's, I'm a 16 who wears my bottoms loose enough that that there's no pinch at my waist.

but I've found that hours at a desk, or in a car, tend to be a common thread with women with this roll...and it's something that I try and avoid, to the extent that I bike- commute 3 days a week, and keep pilates rubber bands at my desk to help me stretch...

pilates has the best exercises for working on the muscles underneath, though. by far. second... and I hate to admit owning one, is that 'twist' thing- the lazy susan you stand on and do the twist.

because I don't have room int he house for a hoola hoop- and I might do staff work in the back yard- but I'm not going to treat the neighbors to me playing with the hoola hoop !

they already thing I'm zany ;)

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 11:31AM
intherain

I am finally getting rid of it through portion-control (Weight Watchers) and exercise - EVERY day for at least 30 minutes. I never had this problem before...but I swear when I turned 40, it just appeared! And then kept growing! I am back down to a size 6 and plan to stay that way, but I know I need to always be aware of how much I eat and that exercise happens daily.

Bookmark   October 25, 2004 at 1:39AM
chiggerhaven

How do I get rid of an overhanging stomach? What exercise to help ? cannot do a lot of exertion, If I do lose weight will it go away or will the skin still hang there??

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
Sponsored Products
Charles Grande Armchair in White
$549.00 | LexMod
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Matera 5-Drawer Dresser
Design Within Reach
Veyron Ceiling Fan by Savoy House
$458.00 | Lumens
nuLOOM Hand-woven Alexa Flokati Wool Shag Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
Varaluz | Wright Stuff 2 Light Vanity Light
$299.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™