Weight Loss & Blood Pressure

Marcia ThornleySeptember 8, 2005

After 6 years on BP meds my doc has told me I no longer need them. At least as long as I can keep the wieght off. I am now down 41 lbs. I am so happy to be off these meds! I now have my own BP machine at home and keep a BP diary. One more reason to watch what I put in my mouth.

Mush, doing the happy dance!

For all who are struggling with High blood pressure. I noticed a significant drop in blood pressure after losing just 15 lbs. It can make a big difference. I know now that I have signifcantly reduced my chance of stroke and heart disease. Now that is my motivation!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deemarie5500

Thanks for your story, Mush. I have struggled for over 20 years, taking more and more medication. I'm hoping one day to be rid of at least half of them....!

Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Bookmark   September 9, 2005 at 10:40AM
happytime_ca

Congratulations!!!
That is a great accomplishment. WOW 41 lbs!
I'm down 25 I would love to get to 41.

Bookmark   September 9, 2005 at 11:51AM
clg7067

I've have very good results with my blood pressure by cutting down on sodium (mostly soy sauce), exercizing a little, and taking garlic.

I was at the doctor's weight was 260, blood pressure was 151/110. He told me we better watch the blood pressure. I went back in 2 weeks and it was 140/110, then 6 weeks later it was 125/90.

He said, "I don't know what you did, but keep on doing it." Funny thing was he didn't ASK what I did, so I didn't tell him.

I think there's just way too much added sodium in the food we eat. I'm making a concious effort to buy foods with "no salt added" and not adding the stuff myself. This also goes with my 6 week bmo diet that I restarted up today.

Here goes!

Bookmark   September 14, 2005 at 3:42PM
blueheron

That is good news, Mush. I'm trying to go off BP meds because I have side effects from them. I started WW and have lost 5 lbs so far. I'm hoping the chloresterol level will drop also. I am borderline but I refuse to take Lipitor. Too many side effects.

Bookmark   October 20, 2005 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Any safe appetite suppressants?
Hello, this is my first post. First let me say that...
tiamaria
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov
Hi Everyone, How are you doing this week so far? I...
mcpeg
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
Sponsored Products
Dream Form Eco-Friendly 2-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Overstock.com
Large White Hairhide Ottoman
$1,500.00 | Horchow
Linen Flair Nailhead-Trim Parsons Chair - Set of Two
$269.99 | zulily
My Journey Home IV Wall Art
$269.00 | FRONTGATE
Coronado Polished Brass Three Light Bath Light
$119.90 | Bellacor
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Bronze Umbrella Table Outdoor L
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™